Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

2 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Gonna wait up all night to watch it happen, nah f that.

I used to do that.  Stay up all night.  Now I got to bed before the 0z NAM wake up around 3.  But Yoda is always awake.  He really is a Jedi. I am convinced he is the real yoda. 

• Haha 3

Just now, EHoffman said:

I mean I just got in from a walk, sorry if this is old news.

Upper NW near the MD border had snow/sleet on the ground while here we have wet mud.  Interesting and only a couple miles difference.

You’ll get ice soon so cheer up.  I think.  Actually I am not even convinced DC proper can ice up.  It will take extra cold.  

5 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

I mean I just got in from a walk, sorry if this is old news.

Upper NW near the MD border had snow/sleet on the ground while here we have wet mud.  Interesting and only a couple miles difference.

Don't worry it's more wet mud than crunchy snow and whatnot. 

Radar looks about as bad as modeled--but better than the 0.0" modeled at certain points along the way. 

Thinking of asking my ex in New York whether we can just be roommates...

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

You've got 10+ hours of storm to go! Not saying it won't suck, but it's too early to throw in the towel.

Lol where on radar do you see 10+ hours of storm left? Seriously not being a negative Nancy, I don't even live down there. Unless there's some surprise coastal bombogenesis methinks Richmond just got a taste of the shaft. 

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Lol where on radar do you see 10+ hours of storm left? Seriously not being a negative Nancy, I don't even live down there. Unless there's some surprise coastal bombogenesis methinks Richmond just got a taste of the shaft. 

I'm just basing it off the HRRR. I don't try and do radar extraps -- not smart enough. I'll let the computers tell me what to think! 

Anyways... .8" seems like a fair number for my yard.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm just basing it off the HRRR. I don't try and do radar extraps -- not smart enough. I'll let the computers tell me what to think! 

Anyways... .8" seems like a fair number for my yard

Yeah radar extrapolation only works when storms are matured and moisture plumes are fairly predictable. Even then it's an unwieldy tool. 

Edit: and I'm talking about eyeballed extraps, not the shit tools that they provide on weather.com and whatnot. Speaking of which, it's infinitely annoying that weather.com and Accuweather don't even let you loop anymore--like, as far as I'm concerned, you have to watch the radar morph into their totally useless future extrapolation. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic