Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2021

George BM

21 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Maryland still medical only. Lot of hoops to jump through still...

There are absolutely few if any hoops to jump through. MD just wants your app fee and the docs want their cert fee. The only barrier to entry is about $250. Well... at least that's what I was told by some hypothetical friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

I think what constitutes, or not, intelligent discussion is subjective to each viewer. Are some people just annoying as a matter of opinion? Certainly! Anyone who comes here with an open mind can learn a great deal from many knowledgeable people who share without rancor or judgment. Thanks for enlightening us as to your subjectively superior insight, and for counselling these hapless, voluntarily miserable, unwashed weenies with an excellent rhetorical self-check.. Well done..............

Great post. I’m def a fan of baldeagles :popcorn:

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

There are absolutely few if any hoops to jump through. MD just wants your app fee and the docs want their cert fee. The only barrier to entry is about $250. Well... at least that's what I was told by some hypothetical friends.

I guess given my profession I don't want to have to jump through the hoops and get a card and on a registry. Just want to pick it up legally without the other. Like, say, DC and other magical places. 

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

Well of course you are. We’re all aware how you feel about Trixie. Hope you enjoyed your break 

It was less about trixie and more about my passion for the baldeagles. Although still def not a fan, my posts other day weren’t needed. I blame Ji for my behavior. Thanks for jacking me up mappy

image.png.6baa59bfa8f8a309a4c2a018ab9aa596.png

Dear NWS, I enhanced your tweet so that you can see what I saw when I first saw your tweet.  Other colors would make it easier to read.

Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offense.
Something there is that doesn't love a bluish-to-greenish boundary,

Kudos to Cobalt for initial post.
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

You do need to prove you have a medical need, but "medical need" varies depending on who you talk to. Generally, I think your assessment is correct. 

1 minute ago, Rvarookie said:

It was less about trixie and more about my passion for the baldeagles. Although still def not a fan, my posts other day weren’t needed. I blame Ji for my behavior. Thanks for jacking me up mappy

That’s fair. I don’t agree with all Trixie had to say. I absolutely don’t appreciate what you said to her however. Appreciate you seeing they were not needed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

That’s fair. I don’t agree with all Trixie had to say. I absolutely don’t appreciate what you said to her however. Appreciate you seeing they were not needed. 

Yep...bless her heart. Anyways thanks for always cleaning up my posts when needed. Hope you get in on the action this week!

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Guys..... The ensemble blend from NBM is showing a 50th percentile high of 13F on Sunday for Midland. A BLEND is showing 13F.....with snow the Sunday night into Monday morning with temps in the low to mid SINGLE DIGITS. I'm scared this is the apocalypse lol

Wow, midland, just googled that location you’re WAY out there in the middle of west Texas.  Whats it like there? Do you like living there?  Ever been down to big bend National park?

24 minutes ago, VirgilCain said:

You do need to prove you have a medical need, but "medical need" varies depending on who you talk to. Generally, I think your assessment is correct. 

True on paper but the only thing you need is to find a cert doc who thinks hangnails require cannabis medication. There are plenty. Trust me when I say they only want your money :tomato:

For the record, I have 3 degenerated lumbar discs impinging on my sciatic nerve and an arachnoid cyst (inoperable) in my spinal column.  Thankfully it only flares randomly and not chronic. I'm a master at managing it but wouldnt wish it on anyone. I've had mris, physical therapy ,pain medication (f that ish), muscle relaxers, and anything else my docs think will work over the last 12 years or so. Certain cannabis products and a good TENS machine provide better relief than all of it. I'm legit but few are. Not that I care. Never should have been illegal in the first place. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Guys..... The ensemble blend from NBM is showing a 50th percentile high of 13F on Sunday for Midland. A BLEND is showing 13F.....with snow the Sunday night into Monday morning with temps in the low to mid SINGLE DIGITS. I'm scared this is the apocalypse lol

Do you think you can get more than Baltimore?

• Haha 1

It's bleak troops.  But no time to give up.  Just like things appear to be going to shit so quickly, they can turn around just as quickly.  We know this.  It's happened.  I'm an eternal optimist.  Let's hold the line for Wave 1 and at least wait until 0z tomorrow night for Wave 2.   Stiffen that backbone and let's see if we can ride it out.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

It's bleak troops.  But no time to give up.  Just like things appear to be going to shit so quickly, they can turn around just as quickly.  We know this.  It's happened.  I'm an eternal optimist.  Let's hold the line for Wave 1 and at least wait until 0z tomorrow night for Wave 2.   Stiffen that backbone and let's see if we can ride it out.    

Wait isn't the euro literally the only model showing this weak sauce? I don't know fellers....island and all

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Do you think you can get more than Baltimore?

Lol. I haven't seen almost anything for east coast. This is historic territory down here, so I've been busy af with our weather, I think I saw anywhere from 3-6" from GFS and 5-10" from Euro out here, so possibly. It'll be cold smoke whatever falls. 850mb temps are ~ -19C, so it's zany. I've never seen anything like this, let alone this far south. 

15 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Wow, midland, just googled that location you’re WAY out there in the middle of west Texas.  Whats it like there? Do you like living there?  Ever been down to big bend National park?

I went down to the National Park literally right after they closed for Covid. I was sad lol. But I haven't yet, but plan to in the future! Probably this coming fall. It's gorgeous down that way. Midland is okay. Not my cup of tea. People are okay I guess. Some friendly and some that have no personality. It's living in a desert basically. High desert at 2870' above sea level. Areas to my north are over 3000'. It's a great place for oil, agriculture to the north, and home ton the dry line. We do wind really well out here. When the wind is at 15-20 mph and gusts to 30 mph, it's basically a normal day in the area. No one bats an eye lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

A stiff back may make for a rough ride.

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Lol. I haven't seen almost anything for east coast. This is historic territory down here, so I've been busy af with our weather, I think I saw anywhere from 3-6" from GFS and 5-10" from Euro out here, so possibly. It'll be cold smoke whatever falls. 850mb temps are ~ -19C, so it's zany. I've never seen anything like this, let alone this far south. 

I went down to the National Park literally right after they closed for Covid. I was sad lol. But I haven't yet, but plan to in the future! Probably this coming fall. It's gorgeous down that way. Midland is okay. Not my cup of tea. People are okay I guess. Some friendly and some that have no personality. It's living in a desert basically. High desert at 2870' above sea level. Areas to my north are over 3000'. It's a great place for oil, agriculture to the north, and home ton the dry line. We do wind really well out here. When the wind is at 15-20 mph and gusts to 30 mph, it's basically a normal day in the area. No one bats an eye lol

Wow, shows what I know about Texas geography. 2870'? Wouldn't have guessed anything near that.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Euro has not been stellar. The NAM? lol

We got the ICON, the Canadians, the SREFs, and even the GFS, which looks pretty decent for much of the region. This aint ova.

Remember when the Euro/Ukie completely willed the Jan 28th storm away at medium range? Seems like the Euro went on a drinking binge after than to celebrate and now the two of them have split up. Euro might be on hard times right now lol.

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

True on paper but the only thing you need is to find a cert doc who thinks hangnails require cannabis medication. There are plenty. Trust me when I say they only want your money :tomato:

For the record, I have 3 degenerated lumbar discs impinging on my sciatic nerve and an arachnoid cyst (inoperable) in my spinal column.  Thankfully it only flares randomly and not chronic. I'm a master at managing it but wouldnt wish it on anyone. I've had mris, physical therapy ,pain medication (f that ish), muscle relaxers, and anything else my docs think will work over the last 12 years or so. Certain cannabis products and a good TENS machine provide better relief than all of it. I'm legit but few are. Not that I care. Never should have been illegal in the first place. 

Agreed. I am post cancer treatment and have trigeminal nerve issues. Been down the pain killer path and won't go back there again. It really works magic as for uninterrupted sleep - try to avoid daytime use, but sometimes it just has to be done. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic