Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It's bleak troops.  But no time to give up.  Just like things appear to be going to shit so quickly, they can turn around just as quickly.  We know this.  It's happened.  I'm an eternal optimist.  Let's hold the line for Wave 1 and at least wait until 0z tomorrow night for Wave 2.   Stiffen that backbone and let's see if we can ride it out.    

The euro has been on an island before and ended up dead wrong. No reason that can’t be the case here.

Just now, Cobalt said:

Remember when the Euro/Ukie completely willed the Jan 28th storm away at medium range? Seems like the Euro went on a drinking binge after than to celebrate and now the two of them have split up. Euro might be on hard times right now lol.

What does the Ukie look like? its a bitch to find any decent surface/precip panels so I never bother.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Wow, shows what I know about Texas geography. 2870'? Wouldn't have guessed anything near that.

It's definitely surprising. We are above 925mb out here. The mountains in our CWA range from 4500-7300' in the Davis Mountains, and 4500-8300' in the Guadalupe Mtns. The tallest point in the state is Guadalupe Mountain in the National Park. It's it's own world up there. On a clear day, you can see straight into Mexico over 100 miles away. Unreal stuff. Texas Panhandle is between 2600-3400' above sea level. AMA is one of the windiest major towns/cities in America. 2nd I think to Cheyenne, WY. 

• Like 2

Just now, baltosquid said:

If the euro is right about this, huge win for it. If it's wrong, yikes. Way off in its own world. Not quite RGEM 30 inches for Baltimore level for our Jan-Feb storm, but it's making a huge claim here.

I don't think the euro gets a win even if the final result is like 18z. Can't have these big of changes this close in and get a "win"

1 minute ago, Deer Whisperer said:

I don't think the euro gets a win even if the final result is like 18z. Can't have these big of changes this close in and get a "win"

I'd give it the win on the basis of it was the only model trending south and dry so determinedly before its big digital rug pull at 18z while the others either trended a bit north today, didn't lose nearly as much moisture, or held pretty steady. 

2 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Idk.  Better to be adjusting to being correct than to stay stubbornly wrong.

If the role was reversed and the model was trending wetter, and it correctly sniffed out a larger storm, then we'd all be raving about how it performed best and  "saw it first".

7 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

I'd give it the win on the basis of it was the only model trending south and dry so determinedly before its big digital rug pull at 18z while the others either trended a bit north today, didn't lose nearly as much moisture, or held pretty steady. 

It isn’t right yet

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

It isn’t right yet

Yes, just saying if it ends up right, I would give it the win since it was consistently trending the right way all the way through at a much greater pace than the rest of the models. Fingers crossed it loses. I want to crown the UKMET! God Save the Queen!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic