Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, dukeblue219 said:

People saying the last few model runs are a non-event for most of the forum are losing it... Come on folks. We're looking at multiple inches of snow and all kinds of cold air. Not every system can be a HECS.

Give it a few more runs..

I love those Canadians, so my hopes and dreams are alive.

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I have a sensitive side but the other side is pure weirdo. :sun:

Your cooking pictures are, and always have been, on point. When I was growing up I had an aunt who was fond of making aspic-based dishes with veggies and meat, sometimes even seafood, when we'd visit her. It was the stuff of nightmares.

aspic2.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dukeblue219 said:

People saying the last few model runs are a non-event for most of the forum are losing it... Come on folks. We're looking at multiple inches of snow and all kinds of cold air. Not every system can be a HECS.

It's all about expectations... people have been reading of an epic few weeks and seeing the first storm trend into 48 hour storm that only puts down 5" in some spots isn't all that exciting. I'm still not good at learning to not buy into the weenie runs so I don't personally judge others who get sucked in and disappointed.

I sorta wish people would scream into their pillows instead of venting here but there are worse ways to get rid of anger then by using uppercase letters!

• Thanks 1

@WxUSAF wrote:

Euro's pretty darn dry for both waves.  Everyone north of EZF lost 0.2-0.4" of QPF from 0z.  

eta...it's not so much that it's "south", its just weaker with both waves and has a little more arctic air push, particularly for wave 2. Wave 1 is just weak sauce.  Quite a change even from 0z.  

Absolutely brutal.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

It's all about expectations... people have been reading of an epic few weeks and seeing the first storm trend into 48 hour storm that only puts down 5" in some spots isn't all that exciting. I'm still not good at learning to not buy into the weenie runs so I don't personally judge others who get sucked in and disappointed.

I sorta wish people would scream into their pillows instead of venting here but there are worse ways to get rid of anger then by using uppercase letters!

Easy to say that when you are in the area consistently jack-potting. Great advice. Where was C'ville on that Euro run - under the 14" number? Tough luck for you, clearly.

Just now, vastateofmind said:

Your cooking pictures are, and always have been, on point. When I was growing up I had an aunt who was fond of making aspic-based dishes with veggies and meat, sometimes even seafood, when we'd visit her. It was the stuff of nightmares.

aspic2.jpg

Aspic anything is just plain nasty! I mean yea when refrigeration was not around you got to preserve. But concoctions such as above make me want to double over. Sorry you were subjected to this nastyness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

The "weenie runs" on the Euro have been fairly consistent for a couple days now. It makes sense that people would get excited by them.

4 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

I mean, one more run that loses qpf or goes south and I’m lucky to get by with 2 inches. And that won’t be on the ground all at once with the 2 part, drawn out nature of things. There’s always next storm, yeah, but there’s also always the next way to miss out on it. Maybe there’s also the next way to beat expectations, but hasn’t happened yet this year. Baltimore has found almost every way to miss forecasts. Frustrating.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

I mean, one more run that loses qpf or goes south and I’m lucky to get by with 2 inches. And that won’t be on the ground all at once with the 2 part, drawn out nature of things. There’s always next storm, yeah, but there’s also always the next way to miss out on it. Maybe there’s also the next way to beat expectations, but hasn’t happened yet this year. Baltimore has found almost every way to miss forecasts. Frustrating.

Of course it is. You are correct. People who are drowning in snow so far this year might maybe have a little more sympathy, but, hey. It is what it is. Just because we want to be for once posting pics of "OMG puking snow" as opposed to puddles, well, that's just crazy talk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Sure, give me 3 previous storms in two months that verified warning level snows, and right there with you. Only...no, wait, miss them for five years and see where you are. Whatevs. 

I hear you, and I agree. 

• Like 1

Just now, mattie g said:

The "weenie runs" on the Euro have been fairly consistent for a couple days now. It makes sense that people would get excited by them.

For sure! I'm excited by them, especially down here where they've been consistently good. That said, I'm trying to adopt a different mindset as of late. Taking a three hour walk through the past storms has really helped me just appreciate the beauty of it and not watch the radar. With the ultimately underwhelming compared to expectations storm this past Sunday, walking through the massive dendrites was just amazing. Didn't know what was coming up on the radar (not that the radar ever tells you what's happening down here in CHO) and just enjoyed it in the moment. 

that said the EURO has promised me 10"+ multiple runs in a row and if I get less than that...

Image result for kermit jumping off the building

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Sure, give me 3 previous storms in two months that verified warning level snows, and right there with you. Only...no, wait, miss them for five years and see where you are. Whatevs. 

5 years in a row my location hasn't even reached 8 inches total in a single month. So yeah, I still enjoy these little events but the frustration is building. 

3 minutes ago, chris21 said:

I’ll take whatever we can get in dc. Euro still looks good for at least 3 inches and is the furthest south driest... Hopefully the trend stops at 18z.

I can appreciate when people are OK with a run-of-the-mill snowfall when the predominance of model runs leading up to it were a much more meaningful event.

Me? I don't hide disappointment well, though I can refrain from throwing my toys out of the pram.

@NorthArlington101 wrote:

With the ultimately underwhelming compared to expectations storm this past Sunday, walking through the massive dendrites was just amazing.

Some of us have not had that yet experience yet this year. We would like that. That's all. We've had mangled flakes and poor dendrite growth and sand and a series of busts. We'd like a few hours of legit snow to walk in. 

• Like 2

Easy to say that when you are in the area consistently jack-potting. Great advice. Where was C'ville on that Euro run - under the 14" number? Tough luck for you, clearly.

Honestly, you are 100% right. I was complaining earlier this week when it seemed I might miss north and south and now I’m sorta asking people not to moan. That’s on me.
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

I cant wait to use the salt from all the MD peoples tears to clear the massive piles of snow off my porch 

see this is a dick thing to say. most in MD don't use your tears when you fail. Why do that? 

• Like 2

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

I get a chuckle when someone says those are clown maps yet it was those clown maps that gave them unreasonable expectations in the first place. Sometimes this place is downright silly. 

What if we have been looking at qpf maps all along for whatever area we live in? Can we be disappointed then?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic