George BM

February Discobs 2021

3 hours ago, SnowtoRain said:

39, tropical downpours, 0.5"

Ahhh.. the one thing we do great at now. That and heat. Tropical mud pit here in AA county. Ready for warm dry or cold dry. At this point I don't care anymore. 

About .75 of ice on Afton this morning...tree damage and power issues... driving across on 250 melting ice bombs pelting the road and your car...

Stayed freezing rain all night. Temp spiked to 38 now though. Luckily still cloudy.  Hopefully that holds. So far haven’t lost any snow. This was one of the rare events were literally at the bottom of my ridge where @HighStakes lives had no ice on anything this morning when I dropped my son at school (which I can see in the valley from my back yard) but everything was still caked in ice up here. 

14 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

40 and overcast and sad.  Forecast high is 53 today but if the sun doesn't peak through I don't know how we get there.  I'd like a day of relative warmth and sun before the frozen bomb hits.

Yeah? Seriously? I want to hold and maximize all the low level cold we can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Stayed freezing rain all night. Temp spiked to 38 now though. Luckily still cloudy.  Hopefully that holds. So far haven’t lost any snow. This was one of the rare events were literally at the bottom of my ridge where @HighStakes lives had no ice on anything this morning when I dropped my son at school (which I can see in the valley from my back yard) but everything was still caked in ice up here. 

Nothing here even though we houvered around freezing. I've witnessed this a few other times. I can remember events where I had no icing or minor icing  but could look up at your ridge and see the trees encased in ice 

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It lives!!!

Dews are crashing so the worst of the melting is  over. 
NbSgvEt.jpg

lol you barely lost anything. Snow on snow for you

Looks like Deep Creek got 0.25” of ice last night.  Temp at the house rose to 33 shortly after midnight but shortly dropped afterwards.  Currently 18 with snow showers.  

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks like Deep Creek got 0.25” of ice last night.  Temp at the house rose to 33 shortly after midnight but shortly dropped afterwards.  Currently 18 with snow showers.  

I'm tired of shoveling! Kids love the snow piles though. We ventured out to Swallow Falls over the weekend, it was great and not crowded at all.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

• Like 12

Didn't realize it was supposed to get windy, and boy has it. 

• Like 1

Wut sun. Cloudy all day. Mid 40s for the high. Maybe this bodes well for the coming storm. Need the baro to climb to at least 30.39 and precip to break out near TN

So, I ALMOST saw the sun at noon, but nope. High was about an hour after 7 am CoCoRaHS report with a 35.1 degree reading. Has fell since and increasing the drop, just lost 4 degrees in 20 minutes to a current, well, it just fell again to 23.8 from 24.1 while typing with a few flurries in the NW 11 gusting 23 mph winds. WC 12.8 degrees currently. I remember seeing 43 for a forecasted high this am......

Just now, Potvinsux said:

8° in Snowshoe with about an inch of fluffy upslope.  Let's see what Thursday holds.

20210216_173231_compress45.jpg

I'm getting flurries, so I KNOW 'Shoe was white lol.

• Haha 1