• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Band looks to be nice for me for the next hour but the temperatures are climbing. Currently they are at 34 with peeks of sun but heavier snow moving in with darker clouds should blot it out.

Quite a bit of ice from early Monday. This is over at soldier’s delight west of Owings Mills. Anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 an inch on tree limbs. Nice winter event overall here with around 6 inches of snowfall and below freezing temps and snow for parts of three days.

090C68CF-62A4-4B10-989D-942B5AA29741.jpeg

• Like 1

Rey loves to chase bugs and she thinks the big snowflakes are bugs, so she’s sitting in the library window chattering to my husband about what’s going on outside. 

00DE53E9-E6C3-4C69-AEA8-75CDF7389F5D.jpeg

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

These bands have really made up for the bitter disappointment of Sunday.  I never did measuring so I'll be curious to see what people nearby came up with.

in NW Clarksburg I am approaching 9"!!  just incredible.  Based on the radar, you should get close to 7" in Neelsville  area

• Like 1

@Ka60:  do you mean approaching 9" using the standard 6-hour measurements, or 9" on the ground?  Despite being so close, Clarksburg can get significantly more than me down here at the intersection of 355 and 27.  One time in an elevation dependent event, I saw 3-4" on the ground a few miles up 27 when I had a coating of slush.

Cute picture there @wxtrix!  Likes to chase bugs huh -- just wait 'til the 17-year cicadas come this May!

• Like 1

Think I'm done up here, 7.6" was the total I sent to LWX an hour ago

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

I’m very disappointed that no one is recognizing that I told everyone to be patient lol. 

yeah we dont care. we are snow weenies who dont wait for snow to fall. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I’m very disappointed that no one is recognizing that I told everyone to be patient lol. 

You did good thank you for trying to calm us down during panic mode on Sunday.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Wow...really...on the ground?

I currently have around 7.5" -8" of compressed snow on the ground and it is ripping outside right now

• Like 1

Wow! It is dumping heavy snow with big flakes and wind this is a winter storm. Probably around 5'' of snow here (eyeballing it) but cleared off a bit of the deck so I can see the additional accumulation the right way. 

SN'ing nicely here near Rt. 50 and the beltway.  Loving how it just keep snowing.

14 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

@Ka60:  do you mean approaching 9" using the standard 6-hour measurements, or 9" on the ground?  Despite being so close, Clarksburg can get significantly more than me down here at the intersection of 355 and 27.  One time in an elevation dependent event, I saw 3-4" on the ground a few miles up 27 when I had a coating of slush.

Cute picture there @wxtrix!  Likes to chase bugs huh -- just wait 'til the 17-year cicadas come this May!

Yes I am approaching 9" but your absolutely correct, elevation here is over 650' and that might be the reason in most storms Clarksburg gets bigger totals than Germantown.  Although today you and I are both under the non-ending bands. 

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

yeah we dont care. we are snow weenies who dont wait for snow to fall. 

There's some returns building in across York and northern Baltimore counties. We *might* be able to squeeze some TV Snow™ in this afternoon as this finally pivots out.

22 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

she’s either going to be in heaven or be scared of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

There's some returns building in across York and northern Baltimore counties. We *might* be able to squeeze some TV Snow™ in this afternoon as this finally pivots out.

light snow falling again after a brief lull. ill happily take on/off snow showers the rest of the day.