Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

Just now, psuhoffman said:

No that actually makes perfect sense. And it’s true. You can see on radar the trajectory pivot and I am mixing with huge flakes now as soon as the banding started to pivot from PA. The moisture feed we’re seeing is being driven by the h7 low and my suspicion is the nasty warm layer that is obviously above 850 is being prevented from mixing by that easterly flow at 700 mb. As that pivots out of the north you will flip quick imo. 

Yep. I have a few flakes mixing in here as well as that band gets to our doorstep and the bigger batch of bands/precip pushes SW towards us. I don't hate the radar presentation as of now. 

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

If you look at the 0.5 degree CC loop on LWX radar, the mix line is definitely dropping SW from York County.

yeah, ive got two panes opened on radarscope - radar and CC. I see what you're talking about. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

No that actually makes perfect sense. And it’s true. You can see on radar the trajectory pivot and I am mixing with huge flakes now as soon as the banding started to pivot from PA. The moisture feed we’re seeing is being driven by the h7 low and my suspicion is the nasty warm layer that is obviously above 850 is being prevented from mixing by that easterly flow at 700 mb. As that pivots out of the north you will flip quick imo. 

Thanks, PSU. Def noticed a change in the radar over the last hour, previously all bands were coming from the southeast, but now its coming out of PA towards the southwest. my wishful thinking was a lucky break. I'm in between bands right now, good band down from Kingsville through Hereford up towards Hampstead, then another band rotating out of PA from Shrewsbury down east of Jarrettsville. 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Still sleeting in Germantown, and freezing rain. Actually getting some pretty neat ice accumulations on things.

Still 2" of snow total for the storm though. Seriously wondering if December's storm will end up being better for me. I'd like to please at least reach the amount of snow for this to be called a Bust on Capital Weather Gang's forecast please!

I haven't even reached their lowest "bust" total yet lol!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic