Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’ll be good when @MillvilleWx comes in here and tells me that this is what that low would do from where the NAM left it LOL 

7D8A029C-E111-4B8F-B9F8-01B46CA61E27.jpeg

I was just peeking at the 3H level to see the jet structure. On the last panel, you can see the increased ridging downstream as the upstream trough amplifies. The SLP will nestle right inside the right entrance region of the jet, so the low center in NC would likely move N to NNE for a period, but as the trough axis goes negative and the 5H low cuts SE into WV/VA, that's when you'll see the surface reflection hit the brakes and get pulled back towards the coast. It's something the Euro has outlined pretty well for last few days. GFS was too progressive in nature with the trough, allowing the low to be further out to sea before getting pulled back as trough went negative late. So, if you drew a line from the low center, draw it NNE up off Wallops, then cut west, drift, then slide ENE. That's a favorable motion for this type of setup. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

The upper low is in the process of capture on both the NAM and RGEM...the low is likely to move NNE then tuck NNW a bit from there and end up just east of the Delmarva.   You can see the weakness to the north in the isobars, especially on the RGEM but its hinted on the NAM also.  

What does that mean for us around I-95?

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The upper low is in the process of capture on both the NAM and RGEM...the low is likely to move NNE then tuck NNW a bit from there and end up just east of the Delmarva.   You can see the weakness to the north in the isobars, especially on the RGEM but its hinted on the NAM also.  

I have a feeling that between now and Saturday night, we are going to see some wild solutions.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the Euro numbers from 2 days ago pop up.

• Like 6
  • Weenie 3

Ya'll are amateurs at worrying about the fringe.  I will be all over it when a bad run comes out we need to worry about a good ol fringing.  NAM/RGEM both looked good.  If you look at the h5 on the NAM, its closed, amplifying, and headed right for VA.  It's maybe even better then the h5 look on the euro at the same time.  The low is at the same spot.  That is going to capture and tuck just east of OC.  Both NAM/RGEM would have been really good runs if they continued.  Probably very close to the euro, maybe even a slightly quicker capture and tuck which is good.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@psuhoffman Do you think based on the modeling today Eastern areas can see a mostly snow event ? 

I realize we still have some time to go, but would appreciate any insights, thanks ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I have a feeling that between now and Saturday night, we are going to see some wild solutions.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the Euro numbers from 2 days ago pop up.

If that deform band actually does setup right over us and stall for 18 hours like that yes we will.  That band will juice up some imo and the ratios under that will be very high.  

• Like 4

Just now, frd said:

@psuhoffman Do you think based on the modeling today Eastern areas can see a mostly snow event ? 

I realize we still have some time to go, but would appreciate any insights, thanks ! 

east of the bay is gonna be tough...when the low gets captured off the delmarva thats a long time under an easterly fetch.  But I think its likely you get a nice WAA thump and then can catch some of the CCB if the storm slides more east then NE at the end.  But I kinda doubt it stays totally 100% snow over there.  But it rarely does even in the big ones.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic