Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Ok I finally have to ask...,Is that area of lower snow totals in the western half of Merrimack County New Hampshire, from Concord west and north a real thing? I have to guess it is because it is showing up on almost every piece of guidance. Perhaps it’s a shadowing on a northeast wind from mountains? But that should only happen on the north northeast wind.

I think there may be an area of subby between the fire hose induced low level front in eastern NE, and the mid level deformation back over the Berkshires-NYS-VT.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, we can all agree that the ULL closing off over Nashville isn't ideal.

Yeah I don’t think many in our forum want this type of trend. They want it to hook north but not that early. Something like the NAM is more ideal for a huge portion of the forum. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think there may be an area of subby between the fire hose induced low level front in eastern NE, and the mid level deformation back over the Berkshires-NYS-VT.

Thank you.  The deform back west doesn’t fully show up on the snow map but I’ve seen it many times.  I won’t complain about 6-8 but would for 2-4

• Weenie 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Still like 48 hours to go here at least... we’ll see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

If these little trends continue... it’s curtains down here.

Euro is like 2-4” of slop followed by a healthy dose of rain.

I assume I'm getting slop and hope to be surprised.  I'm basically clinging to the nam, which isn't a great place to be in.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Still like 48 hours to go here at least... we’ll see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

If these little trends continue... it’s curtains down here.

Euro is like 2-4” of slop followed by a healthy dose of rain.

Messenger shuffle? Not sure if you were around when he would seemingly will them into action w/ his posts. The late and impactful SE shifts don't seem as common anymore

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Messenger shuffle? Not sure if you were around when he would seemingly will them into action w/ his posts. They don't seems as common anymore

Yeah I remember. We’re going to need a shuffle and then some though, especially with anymore of these moves. 

It’s so marginal to begin with.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This run is a bit too warm at the surface during heavy precip, judging my H925, so I'm not saying to toss it, but handle with care. Check H925 tems:

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.36.45 PM.png

I love these maps. They seem to do a good job with ratios since they cover the 15-20:1 we get here in upslope after the storm passes. 

• Thanks 1