Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Crush job just west of BOS.

Yeah I’ll take this run and sign on the dotted line for the 495 belt. That’s actually pretty close in BOS too. Wonder if Jerry would get pasted with like a foot while Logan was getting a waterlogged 5”. 

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes we have. It’s called “Tblizz bitches his way to a foot”. Received mixed reviews from critics. 

The sequel was decent. “The Reverse Psychology Diaries from KTAN”  

I wonder of this will do that rare sky before a coastal, where you see virga bulbs and tendril moving actually WSW aloft ...

Normally, that virga phase/entry into the event, the evaporation is pre-closure up around the 700 mb level, so the motion isn't west yet... it's still SW--> NE.. Meanwhile, town flags wobble or taut NE down low with whipping grains just before the first aggregates dance beneath the lamp lights in the blue tinted dusk..  You're like, this feels big -   

But roughly around 18z on Monday... across the area, look to those skyware features. I bet they're moving WSW early ... because the modeling ( as you've noted wrt to the GGEM ..etc..) are closing off earlier, and deeper, and I suspect the 700 disk is about to do so quickly ...maybe prior to the saturation below..

There's some argument as to whether that arc moving N in the bevy of guidance is an initial IB ...  But it also looks to me like this thing is establishing a CCB conveyor in tandem, so it's difficult to know what is sort of a quasi trowal/instability axis, versus -   fascinating.   Maybe collocating multiple processes

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I like 00z a bit better....its a shade west....touch warmer w less precip here.

Noise.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.13.02 PM.png

NARCAN maps will probably be pretty grouchy at the 33F sfc temps in the 495 belt. But in this situation I wouldn’t worry about it with 925 temps of like -2. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, its not good....there is no uncertainty about it. Question is does it trend far enough to completely pork us.

This season is always LBSW.

Hate it.

This is the one time our fast flow hopefully helps inside of 48h. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I like 00z a bit better....its a shade west....touch warmer w less precip here.

Noise.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.13.02 PM.png

Ok I finally have to ask...,Is that area of lower snow totals in the western half of Merrimack County New Hampshire, from Concord west and north a real thing? I have to guess it is because it is showing up on almost every piece of guidance. Perhaps it’s a shadowing on a northeast wind from mountains? But that should only happen on the north northeast wind.