• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Light snow in Astoria

I actually think this stuff enhances as the night progresses. The wraparound is already collapsing this way combined with the low still offshore throwing moisture back,basically a squeeze zone with some lift still around might give us a inch or 2.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, psv88 said:

And just like that, ripping snow again, band blew up from nowhere...

Snow showers in the area seem to be expanding coverage and consolidating.  Could get interesting for the overnight if this continues, but sometimes they fizzle just as fast as they flared.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Snow showers in the area seem to be expanding coverage and consolidating.  Could get interesting for the overnight if this continues, but sometimes they fizzle just as fast as they flared.

it was nice for awhile, added another inch with roads covered again

On 2/1/2021 at 9:07 PM, Rjay said:

I lived it too.  It's not #1 for me.  It was an amazing storm though.  Jan 2016 beat it in my (old) location. 

Jan 2016 was amazing for the wide west to east coverage of 30" that will never happen again in our lifetimes (maybe lol)

7 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Thanks for the intel and insight.  Really good point about the models not being static, as they're upgraded fairly frequently (although some of the updates are minor from what I've read), so it probably gets difficult to get a large enough sample size of east coast snowstorms before the next change is made.  But if WPC keeps stats, it would be cool to see them.  

They might allude too these in their heavy snow discussions...  I just don't read those - no time.  Yes, it would be cool to see those stats. If they have them, they might be fluid (sorry, didn't mean it that way, maybe should have said,   snoid). In other words as sample sizes grow the stats change. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, MJO812 said:

Para gfs

sn10_acc.us_ne (1).png

On 1/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, NEG NAO said:

0Z GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_23.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25.png

On 1/25/2021 at 11:22 PM, NEG NAO said:

12Z GFS Continued

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

On 1/25/2021 at 11:36 PM, NEG NAO said:

0Z Canadian

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.pnggem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.pnggem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

On 1/25/2021 at 11:45 PM, NEG NAO said:

0Z Canadian Continued

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_29.pnggem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_30.pnggem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_31.png

On 1/25/2021 at 11:48 PM, MJO812 said:

Total on cmc

599264291_gem_asnow_neus_40(4).thumb.png.dc2f98b6e4415abde60225d496a1a542.png

On 1/25/2021 at 11:58 PM, MJO812 said:

Ukie

20210125_235810.jpg

On 1/26/2021 at 1:56 AM, RU848789 said:

Well, somebody had to do it.  Nice eye candy 6-8 days out (although this includes what falls tomorrow, so there's not actually that much N of 84 for this; it's also a 36+ hr event as per the model, which sounds fishy).  We can dream though.  Nice to also see the GFS/CMC with significant storms, even if the evolution/placement of precip is different.  And the UK is showing the start of the storm, too at 144.  I sense a lack of sleep coming soon.  

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

I'm a big fan of going back and reading old threads.  This is the first page of the thread from the big storm Feb 1st.   I can't see a single image except one that Forky posted.  Ridiculous.  

13 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I'm a big fan of going back and reading old threads.  This is the first page of the thread from the big storm Feb 1st.   I can't see a single image except one that Forky posted.  Ridiculous.  

Considering this was buy and large the storm of the season (and biggest accumulations for NYC since ~2016/those of us N&W folks since Pi Day) for most of this forum that’s kind of a disgrace 

5 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Considering this was buy and large the storm of the season (and biggest accumulations for NYC since ~2016/those of us N&W folks since Pi Day) for most of this forum that’s kind of a disgrace 

I believe the issue lies with the sites from which the images were linked. They don’t archive their maps and old maps are removed after some period of time.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:06 PM, crossbowftw3 said:

I wish we had room to store images for a year... I also think it valuable to go back and see the images and check threads.  However, in order for me to post further images, I need to ensure I am capable and haven't run out of storage.  Maybe we need to donate to AMWX to increase the image archive?  

Best I can do,  Walt 

On 1/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, SnoSki14 said:

Probably our last chance at anything. Pattern turns hostile after this. 

Oh well at least we had 1 storm this season, better than nothing.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1