Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 24-26th Potential Something Part 2

Chicago Storm

22 minutes ago, Mogget said:

LOL...might snow in Wisconsin!

//...Potential for Accumulating Snow Monday Evening ThroughTuesday... There is a potential for light to moderate accumulating snow starting Monday evening through Tuesday, mainly across southern Wisconsin. East to northeast winds will be gusty during this time as well, which could cause concerns for blowing and drifting snow. Lake enhanced snowfall is also possible for Racine and Kenosha counties during this time period. There is still a fair amount of uncertainty with snow totals for this system, so make sure to stay up to date with the latest forecast.//

Surprised advisories haven’t gone out in Kenosha/Racine counties yet but the snow cutoff is not making it an easy forecast here with models bouncing north and south. I’m not too confident in much LE as I think most of that will stay down toward the Lake and Cook county areas. Really, I just want to be included, even if I’m the kid who gets picked last in gym class.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RCNYILWX said:

The LES signal on Wednesday is pretty solid. Wherever the banding sets up could need an advisory.

It checks the boxes:

Good convergence

Decent lake induced thermos

Synoptic ascent with 500 mb wave overhead

Was just going to say, the GFS is especially aggressive with the lake effect on Wednesday. All operational guidance has some form of lake effect signal now and just going to be a matter of honing in on exactly where it sets up, be it Lake IL, Cook, Lake IN, or Porter. I imagine where it is persistent you can add another couple inches to Tuesday storm total.

• Like 1

Was just going to say, the GFS is especially aggressive with the lake effect on Wednesday. All operational guidance has some form of lake effect signal now and just going to be a matter of honing in on exactly where it sets up, be it Lake IL, Cook, Lake IN, or Porter. I imagine where it is persistent you can add another couple inches to Tuesday storm total.
Agree without looking too deeply into it yet (which I'll be doing tonight) wherever the LES has longest residence time could even see up to 2-4", possibly 3-5" on the high end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1