• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

February the climo snow month

Heh... if it's windy no bueno tho -

'nape' only works if it's calm-ish and more sun than cloud.

If it's so much at 51% instead of 50% sky coverage ...and the wind is at all noticeable ... the nape appeal is ruined.

It really has to be that light wind and sear sun ...where a lazy stroll down ones street lies about the temperature.   49 is "63" ... so forth.  Very fragile...

I don't frankly like any wind unless it is associated with a Nor'easter, a tornado, a thunderstorm outflow... or the p-wave off a comet impact - otherwise, I find the bluster to be annoying and chilly right up the dial until ... ~ 85 F, then you steadily want more wind because ventilation is needed... 

But if 67 sunny day with wind bumping you around is a piece of shit day to me

wow..this 12z Euro run on the 28th - last day of the month....

That is deep spring folks!  ... +4 to +5 C at 850 mb with COL pressure pattern, < 50% RH at 700 mb at sun up... sun would bust MOS easily  prior to clouding over mid afternoon - and it's possible the ceiling ends up evaporating on that front edge because it's running into weak DVM associated with that little-bubble-no-trouble surface high there.

I love that stuff when the new season lays down the law type afternoon.  Obviously it's not the defining anything else but that 12z D5 look is a pretty exceptional blue-bird day appeal. That goes right passed nape stage and into legit balm appeal there. 

image.png.499667bb9f4a691655cc7db119874cd0.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wow..this 12z Euro run on the 28th - last day of the month....

That is deep spring folks!  ... +4 to +5 C at 850 mb with COL pressure pattern, < 50% RH at 700 mb at sun up... sun would bust MOS easily  prior to clouding over mid afternoon - and it's possible the ceiling ends up evaporating on that front edge because it's running into weak DVM associated with that little-bubble-no-trouble surface high there.

I love that stuff when the new season lays down the law type afternoon.  Obviously it's not the defining anything else but that 12z D5 look is a pretty exceptional blue-bird day appeal. That goes right passed nape stage and into legit balm appeal there. 

image.png.499667bb9f4a691655cc7db119874cd0.png

Sunday is looking like a winner.  

15 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Sunday is looking like a winner.  

Hoho man ...pleezy weezie with sugar on top -

after this f'n pandemic internment camp?  

Unfortunately, fragile as is... I was just musing in the other thread that the EPS is trending up the eastern latitudes with extent of the ridge under pinning... so that's good sign for spring enthusiasts.  Otherwise, that set up has like no room for error or the boundary is too close and we be skunked -

Could you feel that touch of spring in the air Tuesday afternoon? Indeed, the sun this time of year is strong enough that even on a day that stays in the 40s, it still feels different — full of hope and promise. When this winter finally is over it will have been marked mostly by the pandemic, but also of a February which brought cold and snow the likes of which we haven’t seen since 2015. While Boston’s snow this month has been near average, other areas just west of the city have seen a top 10 snowy February with well over 30 inches!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02/23/metro/mild-weather-is-way-this-week-spring-approaches/

37 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Could you feel that touch of spring in the air Tuesday afternoon? Indeed, the sun this time of year is strong enough that even on a day that stays in the 40s, it still feels different — full of hope and promise. When this winter finally is over it will have been marked mostly by the pandemic, but also of a February which brought cold and snow the likes of which we haven’t seen since 2015. While Boston’s snow this month has been near average, other areas just west of the city have seen a top 10 snowy February with well over 30 inches!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02/23/metro/mild-weather-is-way-this-week-spring-approaches/

It snowed all afternoon 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, dryslot said:

39°F, TORCH!!!

Mid 30s at 7 this AM though it was about 30 last evening.  Just had a couple decent gusts come thru, maybe 25-30 mph.  I thought the wind was coming tomorrow.  Yesterday's high of 40 was the warmest here since the wee hours of 12/26 as we coasted down from the Grinch-torch.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Mid 30s at 7 this AM though it was about 30 last evening.  Just had a couple decent gusts come thru, maybe 25-30 mph.  I thought the wind was coming tomorrow.  Yesterday's high of 40 was the warmest here since the wee hours of 12/26 as we coasted down from the Grinch-torch.

Saw 43°F here yesterday, We will go higher today.

23 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Is there a good way to remove the ice from gutters? Or just let mother nature melt it? Today seems like it would be a decent opportunity for a combination of both mother nature and human intervention.

I'd leave it, otherwise you risk damaging the gutter.

31 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Is there a good way to remove the ice from gutters? Or just let mother nature melt it? Today seems like it would be a decent opportunity for a combination of both mother nature and human intervention.

I put sodium chloride in nylons strategically placed apart. The ice melts and takes the salt away with it. Cleared my drains in 2 days