Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Too funny that you lived only a couple football fields from where I am. We often drunk walk your street home after getting plastered in Adams Village. We had Molinaris last night. Pizza was OK, place is a bit overrated in my eyes. Unfortunately Pats Pizza was not open. We weren't sure why, then saw the news. Yikes. 

What happened there? Anyways we looked around Hanover, market is too nuts there. We are staying put for now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I love Wilmington Tewksbury area and Andover for its location. I cleaned up when I lived in N Andover in 2015. 

You don't jack often in the largest events, but you seldom get left out, either.

Along the shore and south of the city has higher stakes....they will jack in mammoth events, but also get completely porked in a good amount, too.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You don't jack often in the largest events, but you seldom get left out, either.

Along the shore and south of the city has higher stakes....they will jack in mammoth events, but also get completely porked in a good amount, too.

We jack and pork. Franks and Beans.

i have the opposite issue body comp -

man, i made a move 4 or 5 years ago toward a proactive life style commitment and holy hell -

i weight 175 and i'm 6'2"    i eat organic and fish and chicken ...rare red meat..and only complex carbs.  no isolated sweeteners and rarely ever any general sugary shit.  i don't drink alc. either.

i'm trying to gain muscle but it just doesn't ... i only get more shredded. it's not like i'm weak. i curl 40s doing hammers and fly a buck -20.   but just wiry i guess

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Too funny that you lived only a couple football fields from where I am. We often drunk walk your street home after getting plastered in Adams Village. We had Molinaris last night. Pizza was OK, place is a bit overrated in my eyes. Unfortunately Pats Pizza was not open. We weren't sure why, then saw the news. Yikes. 

Nice.  I grew up on Minot St.  Still have fam in the neighborhood.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

man, i made a move 4 or 5 years ago toward a proactive life style commitment and holy hell -

i weight 175 and i'm 6'2"    i eat organic and fish and chicken ...rare red meat..and only complex carbs.  no isolated sweeteners and rarely ever any general sugary shit.  i don't drink alc. either.

i'm trying to gain muscle but it just doesn't ... i only get more shredded. it's not like i'm weak. i curl 40s doing hammers and fly a buck -20.   but just wiry i guess

Yep, one of "those guys." LOL

Usually guys like you are sneaky strong. Like the little meth head stone mason guy with skinny arms but a grip of iron. Definitely want to avoid those guys in a street fight.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Its all about diet, man...you need to eat according to schedule....every 2-3 waking hours, at least a good 25gm of lean protein. Preferably Whey, which is most quickly assimilated into the blood stream for rapid recovery post lift.

I mean 2-3 meal daily, which is supplemented with 2-3 servings of protein shakes....so like 6 meals equally dispersed on a daily basis.

I went from 175lbs in in like 2017 to my present weight of 2015 in under 2 years....only gained like half inch in my waist.

1 minute ago, radarman said:

It's a lot nicer now than in the 80s.  My aunt bought a triple decker and made a killing... Super smart move.  I enjoy going back.

I was working as a project manager for real estate place around here for a few years. My career problem has been finding something I'm passionate about. Unfortunately that world began to disgust me the more I spent in it. Minot is one of the best streets in the neighborhood. Any house located there would be highly sought after. 

I'm way too empathetic for my own good. I also wear my heart on my sleeve when I am doing something. It's caused me to have issues finding a career I love. I move jobs often. I wouldn't trade the experience in for anything. I've worked so many different places. Resume will make you dizzy, but Ive gave so many things a shot. I've found now that I am most happy working outside and moving around instead of behind a desk. 

I will be getting in union with a local utility company any week now. Just waiting for the call. They held hiring due to coronavirus. I've already passed their aptitude test. This will likely be my final destination as we build a family. 

Excited that it won't be corporate world. Or behind a desk. Or as slimey as working with real estate developers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I haven't been lifting at all. My body is a mess in terms of damage from football now. I've been focusing on just cardio and losing weight. I'm sure lifting would help, but I am not keen on going to the gym during the pandemic. 

Five years of interior OL/DL didn't leave much damage, now 55 years since the last college play.  Two fingers (ring/middle) on the right hand with messed up joints - if I grip hard on something like a shovel handle, one (usually ring finger) or both can lock down on it, and I have to withdraw the object with my left hand and pull the finger(s) straight, not a pleasant sensation.  Could be lots worse.

59 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is what we did....my wife is an immigrant, thus her income can not be counter towards the mortgage....hence the move to Methuen for a bit.

We will be back to Wilmington/Tewksbury/Andover area in a few years, but that area is just too much for me to swing as the only name on the note.

Homes in Tewksbury are way overpriced. And homes in Andover are off the charts expensive. A 600000 home in Andover often times needs 200k in repairs 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Five years of interior OL/DL didn't leave much damage, now 55 years since the last college play.  Two fingers (ring/middle) on the right hand with messed up joints - if I grip hard on something like a shovel handle, one (usually ring finger) or both can lock down on it, and I have to withdraw the object with my left hand and pull the finger(s) straight, not a pleasant sensation.  Could be lots worse.

I ended with a cervical spinal fusion. Two shoulder surgeries. I now have severe sciatica in my right leg. Lower back is a mess. I will likely need surgeries similar to what Ginx has dealt with. I am better with activity though. I struggle when I don't move. I need to stay active to stay away from pain 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

I ended with a cervical spinal fusion. Two shoulder surgeries. I now have severe sciatica in my right leg. Lower back is a mess. I will likely need surgeries similar to what Ginx has dealt with. I am better with activity though. I struggle when I don't move. I need to stay active to stay away from pain 

Sucks that football took a toll on you.  Your still young and dont need these setbacks.

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Ouch.  I had 2-level fusion centered on C-4 ten years ago, but I highly doubt it was FB-related.  In January 1981 I was riding shotgun in a pickup that went head-on with a fully loaded log truck, wheeler with a pup trailer, two big tiers of spruce sawlogs, probably 70 tons to our 2.  Guess who won.  Fortunately we each were only going about 25 mph at impact.  Didn't wear seatbelts in the woods then - feared crushing more than impact - and I was lying sideways against the dash as we went from +25 to -20 in less than 1/10 second.  Pushed the right headlight back to where the glovebox had been and collapsed the cap on my side to about 1/2 normal.  Had I been belted I likely would've eaten the dash or right doorpost, that 1 in 1000 where not buckled was better.  Still got 2 sprained ankles, non-displaced fracture of the lateral mellilus ("ankle point") and painful cartilage damage in the ribs.  The sideways whiplash of head/neck almost certainly started the disc's gradual (no symptoms until Feb '11) herniating that by April of 2011 I shambled rather than walked and could barely tie my shoes.  Oddly, it was entirely pain free except to some in my lower arms.  MRI showed squashed spinal cord, PCP said one wrong fall would mean quadriplegia or worse.   Surgery went well and I regained probably 90% of strength and 2/3 of balance.  Neurosurgeon said 50% don't regain anything though essentially all have no further degradation.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Hey congrats on the engagement.  Woot woot. I am doing so much better with 4 new discs and that spinal cage. I hope you find relief bro

• Like 3