Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We have them all over. Like Will said, one night we heard them having a party of yelps and howls...like they got something. One of them took my neighbor's chihuahua right in from of him back in 2019. Was an awful thing to see. I don't have much woods at all around me, so these things are living with the human population rather nicely. 

yeah the howling is really creepy usually when they catch something and they are vicious, but usually here when they see people the go the other way, even when I've been walking my dog.

4 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

burlington has a bunch of them... always eating dogs from backyards, deer, turkey etc..    my neighbor found a gutted deer last week.. they  only left the heart and spine.. lol

Odd that they left the heart.  A little buck fawn was killed less than 50 yards from our house in mid March 2009.  When I found it, the hammies were torn up from where the coyote(s) brought it down and the only things missing were heart, lungs and liver.  Two days later bones and hide were scattered over half an acre - wish I'd cracked a femur when I first saw the critter to see how badly the deer had been starving.  Marrow color tells the story -  cream: healthy; pink: beginning to starve; red: critically starving; red/watery: zombie.

6 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

There is a "pack" that hangs out around our neighborhood...they were howling just the other night, right in our backyard. I have yet to see them during the day, they are amazing to see though. It kinda reminds you that there is still some "wild" left in this area

Yea they’ve been spotted on the N side of 84. You can have em.

6 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Probably just two high school kids finding somewhere to be alone

A few years back when I first moved into my home my neighbors kid has a party, I live on a dead end street near the woods, the night of the party I let my dog out and there were a couple of HS kids doing the nasty in my yard.

Shockingly enough, Amazon has reduced my hours delivering from five to four days. Still 36 hours of pay. But a little shocking considering current state of the world. Maybe they hired too many seasonal drivers. Inside word is they are trying to weed out some of the bad drivers. They assured me I was not one of them lol 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Shockingly enough, Amazon has reduced my hours delivering from five to four days. Still 36 hours of pay. But a little shocking considering current state of the world. Maybe they hired too many seasonal drivers. Inside word is they are trying to weed out some of the bad drivers. They assured me I was not one of them lol 

I heard they pay well but do not vet the drivers too well.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

What is the pay like, anyway? My brother was looking into it, but he was pretty concerned they didn’t vet very well. You used to hear all these ads that they’d basically hire without resume or really anything else. Hopefully that’s changed 

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What is the pay like, anyway? My brother was looking into it, but he was pretty concerned they didn’t vet very well. You used to hear all these ads that they’d basically hire without resume or really anything else. Hopefully that’s changed 

Great if you need something pandemic safe, as a bridge job, or even something bigger related to driving in the long term. I'm the former. But there's a definite path to positive financial gain unlike some of the larger companies. Amazon will never be a long term option, but there is room for growth into operations. Health insurance benefits are a great plus. Pay for me a delivery driver through a dsp is $19. If you enjoy the thought of working alone, listening to sports radio, or podcasts, and getting out and active on the street, it's perfect. I would recommend looking into FedEx or ups if you enjog it. Pay is better and grows over time. There's also a huge benefit to having dot medical or cdl. They need people to truck this crap in, and they pay there is much better. 

So bottom line, if you want to start in something new. I loved it for that. I am heading to a utility job in the summer months, and wanted to get into shape while making modest cash. 

They vet as well as they can in my opinion. But it's a pandemic. Management is stretched thin. Not their fault. If you pass background test and drug test you're in. They do kick people out of training. Happened twice during my class. 

Amazon is constantly growing, it's an unbelievable operation once you understand fulfillment side. If you enjoy that, it's only a 10k cost to buy your own delivery service partner ownership that can make 75-300k a year. 

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Great if you need something pandemic safe, as a bridge job, or even something bigger related to driving in the long term. I'm the former. But there's a definite path to positive financial gain unlike some of the larger companies. Amazon will never be a long term option, but there is room for growth into operations. Health insurance benefits are a great plus. Pay for me a delivery driver through a dsp is $19. If you enjoy the thought of working alone, listening to sports radio, or podcasts, and getting out and active on the street, it's perfect. I would recommend looking into FedEx or ups if you enjog it. Pay is better and grows over time. There's also a huge benefit to having dot medical or cdl. They need people to truck this crap in, and they pay there is much better. 

So bottom line, if you want to start in something new. I loved it for that. I am heading to a utility job in the summer months, and wanted to get into shape while making modest cash. 

They vet as well as they can in my opinion. But it's a pandemic. Management is stretched thin. Not their fault. If you pass background test and drug test you're in. They do kick people out of training. Happened twice during my class. 

Amazon is constantly growing, it's an unbelievable operation once you understand fulfillment side. If you enjoy that, it's only a 10k cost to buy your own delivery service partner ownership that can make 75-300k a year. 

I have 10k. Where do I sign for my 300k return?

• Weenie 2