Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

After seeing that post, I actually have my guys getting this set up. I may buy some Sprinter trucks and do this. LOL

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Feel free to send @DotRat_Wx some referral money.

There's a lot of money to be made. But it's a lot of management and Amazon mandates a lot of your decisions. If you don't have a manager that really hustles and you trust, it's trouble. Make sure you get someone who cares and executes. 

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Davis equipment has arrived and is waiting for me.  In other news, my FIL is officially under Hospice Care.  No idea how long though.

I have a Davis solar powered, but wired, anemometer collecting dust if you want it. Or anyone else interested. Free. I dont have the motivation or capacity to mount it properly.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I have a Davis solar powered, but wired, anemometer collecting dust if you want it. Or anyone else interested. Free. I dont have the motivation or capacity to mount it properly.

I'm trying to think who on the forum is most needing and deserving of it. James maybe? At least the anny would get tested in some good wind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Milford is Amazon Distribution Central in this area. have the Fulfillment Centre down in Freetown.  Building is huge. 1.3mil square feet.

There's the Fulfillment Center down in Freetown.  Building is huge. 1.3mil square feet.

I drive by the building in Freetown often on route 24.  It just goes on and on and on.  Don't think I have ever seen a longer building.  I can imagine in raining at the southern end while still pounding snow at the north end.

• Like 3

So I got my Davis yesterday and I went thru all the setup.  I have placed in final siting yet.  Here’s the thing, it does not appear as though the setup is sending data to WeatherLink or the console.  It sat outside overnight and not a single reading from it on either one.  Thoughts?  I checked the ID and it’s set to number 1.  

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So I got my Davis yesterday and I went thru all the setup.  I have placed in final siting yet.  Here’s the thing, it does not appear as though the setup is sending data to WeatherLink or the console.  It sat outside overnight and not a single reading from it on either one.  Thoughts?  I checked the ID and it’s set to 1

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/communications-troubleshooting

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So I got my Davis yesterday and I went thru all the setup.  I have placed in final siting yet.  Here’s the thing, it does not appear as though the setup is sending data to WeatherLink or the console.  It sat outside overnight and not a single reading from it on either one.  Thoughts?  I checked the ID and it’s set to number 1.  

You're using the weatherlink software? You have the ISS dipswitches and the weatherlink set to the same channel?

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

LOL, just received an email from WeatherLink telling me to replace the battery.  :lol:

Was gonna say the battery is low...hence the message. You have that 123 battery in the ISS? Sometimes on a new station I've seen it not really "kick in" until the sun gets on the solar panel. You're receiving packets though because you're reporting rain. Make sure the temp/hum sensor is plugged into the right spot securely I guess.