Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Pepperidge farms remembers when I told PSU we don’t need amped and tucked to get good snows area wide.  And I was told “no! We do! Look at all the past big dogs! You even NEED to mix to get me, er, us a big snow!!!”

But what do I know

How dare you want to stay blue on precip maps.;)

• Like 1

This is when you get up, check things, see how it goes and realize there isn’t shit you can do about it so might as well go do something fun.

it looks like it will snow. Not tons but some. 4” is now my bar. Hope it happens and I hope everyone except hypo gets good snow

• Haha 4

Just now, snowfan said:

How do the off hours euro runs score in comparison to the parent running at 0 and 12Z?

I’m sure they do fine. They use some old data but also ingest current obs. They aren’t as useless as they used to be. Can’t use that old off run criticism much now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowfan said:

This group gets greedy on the whole. Always has been. Promise me the NAM front end snow and I’ll ignore the CCB. I’d rather be assured of 4-6” than run the risk of a suppressed or washed out WAA AND miss the CCB. Shrug. 

Just wait until that ccb band is 10 miles north of your house where they are getting 18" while you see peaks of sun. That 4-6 followed by rain is fun I guess.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

Just wait until that ccb band is 10 miles north of your house where they are getting 18" while you see peaks of sun. That 4-6 followed by rain is fun I guess.

That's a scenario I'm not too worried about to be honest. I would think a dry slot is more likely than rain.

• Like 1

I’ll say it again...but I won’t pretend to be unmoved by this thing increasingly looking to leave me with relative scraps. I won’t personally be thrilled to see 4” or just appreciate what falls.  I won’t whine and cry about it, but by the same token I can be kinda pissed off about how it’s all turned out.

I’ll go about my day tomorrow, enjoy the snow with the kids, and try to look at the radar while folks north of us get smoked. Then I’ll move on to tracking the next fail with the rest of you idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

In DC, I am still holding slim hopes that this ends like the Feb. 10 2010 Miller B, which formed just in time to give DC like 10 inches from the coastal.  But i recall that storm was painful for this those who lived in Northern Virginia. So for them, I would be especially annoyed right now that so many on here seemed to root for/suggest that coastal storm was our only hope to really cash in. 

Snow greed
My greed as the wind blows
My greed as the snow grows
Snow greed to follow your heart

Live greed
And beauty surrounds you
The world still astounds you
Each time you look at a storm

Stay greed
Where no runs divide you
You're greed as a roaring tide
so there's no need to hide

Born greed
And life is worth living
But only worth living
Cos you're born greed

24 minutes ago, snowfan said:

This group gets greedy on the whole. Always has been. Promise me the NAM front end snow and I’ll ignore the CCB. I’d rather be assured of 4-6” than run the risk of a suppressed or washed out WAA AND miss the CCB. Shrug. 

This has been my philosophy too.  If I get 5” tomorrow from the WAA, I’d be happy.  CCB is a bonus.

• Like 2

I get the nervousness about the CCB given the model trends, and the long history of Miller Bs in our region. As many of you are saying, at least there's solid consensus of 3-5, maybe 3-6" of WAA snow before the changeover to light sleet or dry slot FZDZ. 

But I also remember the 2nd phase (day 2) of 3-5" during our last significant winter storm (January 2019). We were all "pleasantly surprised" to be getting some CCB love. 

But should any additional snow on Monday come as a surprise when some pieces of guidance (GEM and EC) continue to show some CCB love down this way? Especially the EC, which led the way with this event to begin with in the medium range? 

Still optimistic that we can get more than just marginal warning event snows, at least here in the eastern burbs/BWI region. But as always, will take what we get, especially this winter. 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic