• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McTrimm
    Newest Member
    McTrimm

Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

A little weenie band from Redding to Middlebury.

I was on the northern edge of that...great snow growth, I had 1.7" on my snowboard. Had a great snowball battle with the kids too, perfect snowball making snow. 32.2°

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

I'd say about an inch from that blob now over windham county. Pretty decent snow growth

Update: it was, in fact, one inch.

It's been ripping snow in this band.  Pretty sure we picked up 1" of fluff in about 30 minutes while out on the evening dog walk in Stowe Village on the groomed Rec Path.  Eyeballing about 1.5" total since the band rolled in.  Snowy evenings FTW and total weenie just enjoying a walk in winter.

2L8A8272_edited-1-1.thumb.jpg.a0dc9fa6dd88a92d7c28bbe03baae3dc.jpg

Weakening on radar but also slowing over the area.  Hopefully we can deform for a bit.

Jan_3_9pm.gif.01bfb15877acb49c08802ca93e75a4e5.gif

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

23 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am always skeptical when the H5 low moves underneath the South Shore of Long Island, NY.  Especially when the h5 and h7 lows are closing off and intensifying as it heads south of the Islands over the next 24 hours.  I am just skeptical when a low at that level does exactly that and does not produce a flake for the Cape and Islands.  It just screams higher potential.

I hope you get your snow 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I hope you get your snow 

Thanks, I just do not buy nothing happens when the H5 low center over PA moves south of Long Island and SE MA and RI get nothing substantial to see from it.  

Prolly getting 24 hrs of appeal outa this so ‘always look on the bright side of your life’ :)

aspects still look entertaining with a steady diet of pac waves - may just be a numbers game ... 8th-12th still on the table and there’s the 14th too

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Thanks, I just do not buy nothing happens when the H5 low center over PA moves south of Long Island and SE MA and RI get nothing substantial to see from it.  

It doesn’t

Plow is going down my street to remove a half inch of slush, but didn't touch my street for a day after the December 17th storm. This town's snow removal is ridiculous.

A large band of heavy precipitation is moving NE towards the islands of Massachusetts right now, Cape Cod is likely to get this band in the next half hour to hour.

10 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

James ... it’s weak with modest mechanics. There’s proportionately modest rad and ground truth returns. 

it’s no mystery. Weird things can happen but convention and reason isn’t giving anything more.  

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

A large band of heavy precipitation is moving NE towards the islands of Massachusetts right now, Cape Cod is likely to get this band in the next half hour to hour.

Heavier rain?

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Plow is going down my street to remove a half inch of slush, but didn't touch my street for a day after the December 17th storm. This town's snow removal is ridiculous.

They just did basically the same thing here... like 3 passes for a little over a half inch along with multiple passes for 0.7" on December 20th. Only came by once early in the 17th storm then didn't come back until several hours after the storm ended.

• Like 1

Yes heavier rains, Cape Cod is not the best place on average for snow, yeah, the odds are against you getting snow James, deal with it James, blah blah.  Im fine, yes I get excited, but I am not going to cry over another freaking weak sauce winter season of another 10" or less of snowfall.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

If that’s appealing, I feel bad.

Let the Scooter Jan melt begin...Hopefully peaks right before mid month just in time. 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Let the Scooter Jan melt begin...Hopefully peaks right before mid month just in time. 

This week was garbage anyways. It doesn’t mean next few days won’t suck weather wise.  I enjoy the sunny days. The true melts of online insults and domestics won’t be here. 

Really ripping in this batch. Hoping to clear 2”. Nearly there. 

Busted event but still a nice snowy evening 

image.jpeg.a221633491ad9bdccf5f7e422e21b41f.jpeg

image.jpeg.2453945d35fe751c717f164a09795823.jpeg

image.jpeg.65edf5591d776ab7b9d7daedfcf7d883.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boy clouds and 38F will be epic for the next 3-4 days. Can’t wait. 

Living in Iceland..... New England can be so depressing some times. 

39 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Prolly getting 24 hrs of appeal outa this so ‘always look on the bright side of your life’ :)

aspects still look entertaining with a steady diet of pac waves - may just be a numbers game ... 8th-12th still on the table and there’s the 14th too

Eyeroll