Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Overlay that with the mild temps and you've got a winter from hell.

I don't know.  Aside from snowmaking which I'm sure few care about, I feel like it would be much worse if we were below zero the entire time.

But to run no measurable precipitation for 10 days in spots... that's a snoozer.  Didn't even look that close either. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't know.  Aside from snowmaking which I'm sure few care about, I feel like it would be much worse if we were below zero the entire time.

But to run no measurable precipitation for 10 days in spots... that's a snoozer.  Didn't even look that close either. 

The cold mornings keep the massholes coming up north for skiing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

What a waste of a negative NAO and AO . Hopefully we all cash in soon.

This is ridiculous 

Lmao..Ant you go from being happy to frustrated in two posts.   This week and most of next was never supposed to be the decent pattern.  I think that’s what needs to be kept in mind.  Sure it’s frustrating...but we knew this was going to be the case.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lmao..Ant you go from being happy to frustrated in two posts.   This week and most of next was never supposed to be the decent pattern.  I think that’s what needs to be kept in mind.  Sure it’s frustrating...but we knew this was going to be the case.  

Next week is a decent pattern, we're just not going to cash in. The pattern continuously improves through the month, but we're already in a decent pattern by next week. Shortwave nuances screw up the 1/13 threat though.

• Like 1

We just had our weekly supervisors meeting, and our manager noted that next week looks mild so all of the guys (highway/ parks/ guys who also do the snow plowing) should be able to do interim tasks like painting inside buildings, etc.  Basically he was saying we don't have to worry about snow until maybe the end of the month so give them busy work. 

• Haha 1