Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Really?  It took until mid month to get going?  I feel like that whole month was just rocking constantly.....shoveling not small amounts of snow twice even three times a week.....lol Hartford streets were completely impassable cuz they gave up and just used the right lanes to store the snow......one time going to pick up 6 month old the traffic was so bad due to lane reduction everywhere I had to bail and hoof it 6 blocks to get him then carry him in the seat back to car climbing over mountains of uncleared snow at the crosswalk ramps.....wild

Yea, I was suprised, too....I only had a coating on Jan 8, then 20.5" Jan 12, 5" Jan 18, 1" Jan 19, 8.5" Jan 21, .5" Jan 25, 12.5" Jan 26-27, 13.5" Feb 1-2, 2" Feb 7-8

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No...it was a SNE HECS, Cleveland Super Bomb, SNE BECS.

Oh let’s do that all day.....I love talking to my wife’s parents about the old classics in CT......her father remembers vividly 78.....and the hurricanes....Gloria.....and then the ones when he was a kid....Donna? And another one I forget?.....great stories...

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Oh let’s do that all day.....I love talking to my wife’s parents about the old classics in CT......her father remembers vividly 78.....and the hurricanes....Gloria.....and then the ones when he was a kid....Donna? And another one I forget?.....great stories...

I never get tired of reminiscing about ‘78. I was 11. It was like the atmosphere went apesh*t for 3 weeks. We had record setting snow in Jan. And of course 2/6-7 blizzard. But in between was the Cleveland Superbomb. I still remember it started as a brief period of snow. 

Just now, ice1972 said:

That’s what we want right? LFG

I haven’t been on AM much been chilling over on phillywx forums since it’s kind of been dead, but was just reading back a few pages it does look like youve guys have discussed this time period. That ridge is legit and on pretty much every model now. Just need to angle one of those pac shortwaves correctly to give it enough room to explode. I agree...LFG fellas im pushing my chips I’m all in. 

19 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Carol.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The monster +PNA/-EPO coupled West Coast Ridging is the key ingredient to awesome arctic air masses and coastal storms in SNE, that impact NJ to Cape Cod and Maine.  The -NAO in conjunction might be able to slow the storm's movement down if a block develops in tandem.

Agree.