Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

45 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I don’t want you to paint yourself into a corner but you had mentioned leaning unfavorable in feb. so realistically mid-month through end of month as the favorable period? Or have things changed re: feb?

I still think Feb will turn unfavorable....if I'm wrong, I'm wrong....its me painting myself into a corner, not you.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Euro was close

There are 903 SWs in the flow at any given time, so every run is "close"...no one cares unless it's inside 5 days. Keep that crap in the NYC thread. It's like seeing a brick in basketball, and consoling yourself about how "close" it was....90% of the bricks are close; who cares.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are 903 SWs in the flow at any given time, so every run is "close"...no one cares unless it's inside 5 days. Keep that crap in the NYC thread. It's like seeing a brick in basketball, and consoling yourself about how "close" it was....90% of the bricks are close; who cares.

Dude..something wrong with you? Your acting like a negative Nelly and a bully. Pull it together man. Stop attacking others for their opinions. We are here to talk about " Close " encounters. Anything to do with events that may effect our area..even if it is 12 days out. Rant done. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Lol I don’t mind his posts, better than the constant bickering 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If Canada can be 50% right...if only. I liked it’s evolution with the northern stream catching up to the southern. 

What time period are we talking about here , I was like “ok things look dead for a week” I’ll check back in 5 days , but I couldn’t not take a peek 

57 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

That goofus run was lol-tastic. Massive gyre of short waves pinwheeling around New England leaving the region mostly unscathed. 

Total boredom on that run, 0.18" qpf (probably wet but it's days 9-10) in 16 days.  Though it does have BN temps Jan 20 and beyond.  Most recent BN day here was Dec 20.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Dude..something wrong with you? Your acting like a negative Nelly and a bully. Pull it together man. Stop attacking others for their opinions. We are here to talk about " Close " encounters. Anything to do with events that may effect our area..even if it is 12 days out. Rant done. 

Piss off-

4 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

LOL.  You actually provided a pretty apt basketball analogy.

Not sure what happened, think I accidentally deleted that last post. Lol

Anyway, yea.....sick to death of the hype and waiting. Its mid winter and I've had one warning event. Anthony didn't do anything wrong, but I'm just done with the "240hr Euro was close", at this point. At least add some analysis.

Its not like I personally insulted him, so some need to grow a pair.

Yeah, I’m with you Ray wrt to where we are at with this winter thus far as a whole. One warning event that painfully washed away a few days later(albeit that’s already an improvement when compared to the last two winters in SNE). Fast forward to Jan 7th and across guidance nothing screaming excitement for at least 7 days, possibly more. I know, I know, things can produce seemingly out of nowhere with all these short waves flying around... But too many cooks in the kitchen can also strip us of realizing a high end event during this favorable period. Not a fan of burning up peak climo days without much showing up on guidance.

• Like 1