• Member Statistics

    16,547
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    McTrimm
    Newest Member
    McTrimm
    Joined
40/70 Benchmark

January 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Tomorrow looks like a CT down to like Southern RI and extreme SE Mass deal.... it kind of fizzles out for my area it seems like.

Congrats right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

So, this is windex? Bleh

Tomorrow is the real WINDEX look but mostly south of you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tamarack said:

IDK - we're 9.2° AN so far and our warmest January (2006) was 7.9° AN.  This despite never getting up to 40.  CAR is running +13, looks torchy to me.   Today will make 29 AN days in the past 30, and only the few clear calm nighttime hours this month on the 12th allowed radiation sufficient to make that day -1.

Yeah it has been torchy. The amount of below freezing days locally has been a joke. At least through D19..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

That’s a comment on how boring it is.

It means you agree next week is gone. There’s only 3 or 4 left that think this winter is going turn snowy from what I can gather. Runway, Will , Ginx and Wolf. Ray is off the train . I hope they’re right, but at some point if it’s Feb and we saw 1-3” in the favorable month long pattern.. you’d think even the diehards admit defeat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No way PVD only had 10 I had 20 in WST. Incredible storm totally unforecasted

20210119_190039.jpg

Yeah. I was only 10 for that storm but we got a heck of a lot more than 11 inches here. Warwick probably averages less than Providence but that seems off for that storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

Yeah. I was only 10 for that storm but we got a heck of a lot more than 11 inches here. Warwick probably averages less than Providence but that seems off for that storm.

The snowpack around ORH after that storm was near 2 feet and high water content as there was a lot of sleet in a previous storm a few days before the 1/20/78 storm. 

If the Cleveland superbomb hasn’t knocked the pack down about a foot or more, the blizzard of ‘78 would have been even more disastrous for snow removal issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It means you agree next week is gone. There’s only 3 or 4 left that think this winter is going turn snowy from what I can gather. Runway, Will , Ginx and Wolf. Ray is off the train . I hope they’re right, but at some point if it’s Feb and we saw 1-3” in the favorable month long pattern.. you’d think even the diehards admit defeat 

You’re crazy. I didn't cancel anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember driving up 128 with my Dad after that storm and there were abandoned cars on the side of the road buried in snow. We lost all our snow - I remember being pissed! and started the Blizzard with bare ground or barely nothing. After the Blizzard there were repeated 'rumors' of other big storms but I don't much remember any substantial snow or rain for the rest of February. We maintained that snow well into March though. I was a freshman in HS and remember going out for the spring track and coming back from distance runs in mid-late march and lying down in the snow afterwards to cool off!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Angus said:

Remember driving up 128 with my Dad after that storm and there were abandoned cars on the side of the road buried in snow. We lost all our snow - I remember being pissed! and started the Blizzard with bare ground or barely nothing. After the Blizzard there were repeated 'rumors' of other big storms but I don't much remember any substantial snow or rain for the rest of February. We maintained that snow well into March though. I was a freshman in HS and remember going out for the spring track and coming back from distance runs in mid-late march and lying down in the snow afterwards to cool off!

No snow for 4 weeks, we did have a March snowstorm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You’re crazy. I didn't cancel anything. 

 

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ok.. just hope you guys are right with the snows coming. 

Some people just don't do uncertainty in weather.  It's either yes or no.  Pick a side and stick with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.