Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I think most of us said to toss the winds inland. The best chances were just away from the shoreline. There were some high 60-70mph gusts in CT. It was probably a little more meh than I expected, but other than Kevin I don't think many were going wild here. We always laugh at the weenie gust maps that people post here and on Twitter. I gave Wizzy a bit of a hard time, but I didn't necessarily disagree with him...he just seemed a little needlessly angry about the higher wind forecasts. It was a pretty strong LLJ with torched low levels so I was intrigued to see it play out. The BOX numbers did seem over the top though.

Yesterday the Mt Washington observatory's forecast was winds gusting into the 160's and even 170's.   Just looked and their peak wind was only 107mph.  That is a big bust up above!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This cold front came through MD early this morning and still isn’t through here. Good god why are these cutters so awful here?

This was one of the worst ones.  Usually a strong cold front whips through with snow squalls.  In this case our cool air is coming from the SW.   I don't even think Miami hit 60F today while Baltimore was around 35F.  

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It looks like it was a little more after the latest Eversource update. There were 44k that had their power restored and 2.5k outages for UI at their peak. 

So it was more scattered than widespread depending on the town. 

Do you know what county was hit hardest? From the times I looked it actually looked like Litchfield County had the most outages 

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Let’s just say I won’t be telling the grandkids about this Grinch storm. CAA winds starting to howl.  Much louder than “screaming” southerlies earlier.

This storm should have its memory stricken from the record and never be spoken of again. Why on earth would I want to terrorize my own grandchildren with tales of this wretched fail-storm?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Sump pump has been running every couple minutes all afternoon and evening. Had water nearly to the top of the housing that sticks out from my underground propane tank. We wet here

Is this Taunton? You must be on the Wet side of town. I'm sure Bob is still bone dry.

• Haha 2