Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve/Day Annual Scrooger Event

Baroclinic Zone

27 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, I’d prefer 10° and blinding snow like in South Dakota, but like an in-law, Grinch shows up whether I want them to or not. 

I only take comfort in the fact that I've already experienced my Christmas nirvana.  That storm on Christmas Day 2002 that dropped two feet in like 12 hours.  A very similar storm to the one this month where a deep interior band just maxed out with snowfall rates over 4"/hr.  I'm never going to see anything like this ever again on Christmas Day, just like winning the weather/holiday lottery.

"By the end of the event, Albany, New York, received more than 24 inches of snow. With most of the snow falling in a 12-hour period, the storm is widely remembered for its quick and disruptive nature."

257675492_Christmas2002.thumb.png.736cec38cd452e610b9cfc85f46ea1a5.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I went from 11” to 1” after the Jan torch. That one will end up being worse with the hours of 60s dews and even sunshine. 4” sounds about right for this.

Your area would try to CAD through a Tip Sonoran heat release, so I'm sure you'll have something left 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Who is John Bagioni? lol.

Me! A private met, who's usually flies under the radar and rarely post here...  Will occasionally tweet, but not a lot; last night's response to Kev's tweet, which I obviously misinterpreted, led to a bit of back and forth and inspired a mention about who I am on here, so thought i would fill in the blanks.  Snow and/or rain totals from Burlington, CT (BOX PNS products) are usually mine.  We are building a new house on the highest elevation lot in Hartford County (~1150 feet) and I will likely post more given the snow & wind gust climatology of that area.  I've been a consulting met for almost 40 years and my company name is Fax-Alert Weather Service.  Started company when fax machines were just becoming common in businesses and it was the primary mode used to transmit updates and alerts to my clients.  Company name (Fax-Alert Weather) was based on mode of communication to clients at the time I started business. That mode of contact ended when email, text alerts and web services became the normal, but I kept the name since I had no desire to change business registration, IRS filings and the name recognition with all my clients.  Currently, consult with 85 CT/NY school districts, several town DPW operations, snow removal and landscaping businesses, as well as 4 Energy Associations (Oil / Propane dealers), Wachusett's Ski Resort and Aubuchon Hardware Company.  Also, deal with numerous insurance companies and law firms for forensic services.  Check in occasionally to see what some mets one here (ORH, Coastal, Tip, Ryan H, OceanStWx to name a few) are thinking; also great to see younger generation guys like Wiz getting more involved and more experienced.  Find inputs from others like Ginx, 40/70, yourself, and yes, even Kevin, worthy of following.  Know Ryan H well and consider Ryan and Bob Maxon the best media duo in CT; the viewing public in CT is blessed to have them on air; especially during severe t-storm outbreaks...  Also, nice to see my good friend Walt Drag posting more and more; about as good as it gets.   Been around long enough that nothing really surprises me anymore; be it balmy Xmas periods, miserable springs or dud severe weather seasons...  looks like I've more than answers the who is …. question, lol, but just in case I piss someone off again, everyone will know who I am... Stay safe and have a wonderful holiday season; don't worry about the snow pack; more is a-coming!!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Me! A private met, who's usually flies under the radar and rarely post here...  Will occasionally tweet, but not a lot; last night's response to Kev's tweet, which I obviously misinterpreted, led to a bit of back and forth and inspired a mention about who I am on here, so thought i would fill in the blanks.  Snow and/or rain totals from Burlington, CT (BOX PNS products) are usually mine.  We are building a new house on the highest elevation lot in Hartford County (~1150 feet) and I will likely post more given the snow & wind gust climatology of that area.  I've been a consulting met for almost 40 years and my company name is Fax-Alert Weather Service.  Started company when fax machines were just becoming common in businesses and it was the primary mode used to transmit updates and alerts to my clients.  Company name (Fax-Alert Weather) was based on mode of communication to clients at the time I started business. That mode of contact ended when email, text alerts and web services became the normal, but I kept the name since I had no desire to change business registration, IRS filings and the name recognition with all my clients.  Currently, consult with 85 CT/NY school districts, several town DPW operations, snow removal and landscaping businesses, as well as 4 Energy Associations (Oil / Propane dealers), Wachusett's Ski Resort and Aubuchon Hardware Company.  Also, deal with numerous insurance companies and law firms for forensic services.  Check in occasionally to see what some mets one here (ORH, Coastal, Tip, Ryan H, OceanStWx to name a few) are thinking; also great to see younger generation guys like Wiz getting more involved and more experienced.  Find inputs from others like Ginx, 40/70, yourself, and yes, even Kevin, worthy of following.  Know Ryan H well and consider Ryan and Bob Maxon the best media duo in CT; the viewing public in CT is blessed to have them on air; especially during severe t-storm outbreaks...  Also, nice to see my good friend Walt Drag posting more and more; about as good as it gets.   Been around long enough that nothing really surprises me anymore; be it balmy Xmas periods, miserable springs or dud severe weather seasons...  looks like I've more than answers the who is …. question, lol, but just in case I piss someone off again, everyone will know who I am... Stay safe and have a wonderful holiday season; don't worry about the snow pack; more is a-coming!!!

Love building on the highest lot in the county, that’s awesome

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Even Kevin.. they hate me they hate me not.. they can’t live with me, they can’t live without me. Merry Christmas, and may the FAX be with you 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 5

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even Kevin.. they hate me they hate me not.. they can’t live with me, they can’t live without me. Merry Christmas, and may the FAX be with you 

I'm excited that John will be at a higher elevation that you. He's got an awesome location up there on the mountain! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, KoalaBeer said:

How anyone even entertains the idea you aren’t trolling in here blows my mind....yes people are upset. Ski resorts, winter enthusiasts, the layman who likes seeing a white Christmas are all upset. I’m pissed of one of New Hampshires all time snowfalls is going to get washed away 7 days after it happened and every mountain I go to will be an f’ing glacier after whatever’s left refreezes...move to Florida Dr Dews. Go join the southeast forum and you can stroke yourself off to the high dews everyday. 

You are a snow/winter hobbyist, not a wx hobbyist. That is fine but not everyones happiness and interest revolves around that 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3

Just now, WinterWolf said:

NWS service has 70 out that way already. 

I think that's where the best winds will end up. 

I'm still torn about here in CT. The core of the 925 winds may only brush across the southern part of the state. The HRRR too has a bit more in the way of lightning density than I would have envisioned. If the convective stuff happens we're pretty screwed. And right now those signals seem to be getting stronger (for convection). 

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Define

I would say Patchy..  so spotty and then other areas 3" of taters. 

3k Nam is slowest . It has 48-50 Temperatures now till 9pm  on Xmas day From Franklin Nh to Nashua Nh.  The 45 Degree DP line crosses you between 9 and 10pm ..that would be total wipe out. 

0z hrrr has it near 50 till 5pm , about 12 hours of 45f plus dews and heavy rains...ditto gfs