Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Wow, crushed for sure! This looks like best case scenario. 

I'm trusting the people who say it's our best case scenario -- we definitely get crushed in the CCB -- but the MSLP took a pretty decent jump westward. I'd still think, at least from a temp profile perspective, we could do better if we could get things to push a little more SE.

That said, I'd trade 8" of meh rates for the shot of the end of that GFS run.

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Low position is ideal...but maybe it's TT algorithms, but I'm raining at 84

I haven’t seen the soundings for this run yet but the gfs has been aggressive punching a surface or near surface warm layer right up the Potomac. More so then any other guidance when compared to track. It’s there on other guidance but not as aggressive. It’s fairly short lived once the low starts to turn NE and bomb and the CCB deform takes over and heights crash under the upper level Centers. Maybe it’s overdone. I’ve seen the GFS run warm near the surface. We also know how DC rolls though so I never assume. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I haven’t seen the soundings for this run yet but the gfs has been aggressive punching a surface or near surface warm layer right up the Potomac. More so then any other guidance when compared to track. It’s there on other guidance but not as aggressive. It’s fairly short lived once the low starts to turn NE and bomb and the CCB deform takes over and heights crash under the upper level Centers. Maybe it’s overdone. I’ve seen the GFS run warm near the surface. We also know how DC rolls though so I never assume. 

It’s tiny but I’d think with rates we could at least fight off rain.

16F8C102-F410-4287-9B2B-8024C62D7EC7.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

I would enjoy a nice peaceful snow and I am rooting for it to occur , prior years I would be stressed over every model run.... but after this past Sept its just not the same.... lost a child..

So very, very sorry for your loss and hope you and your family are doing as well as could ever be expected

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

GEFS held serve. Beautiful verbatim, 

12z:

1608195600-FjOGdRvAzxc.png

06z:

1608195600-2f42vpUYns0.png

Looks quite similar, going by the overall "shape" and coverage.  Biggest difference is that the amounts are noticeably bumped up (whatever it's worth, on these maps!)...presumably due to the enhanced CCB at 12Z vs. 06Z?

21 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Might be a scenario where the GFS UHI is too aggressive 

Absolutely.     I'm a huge fan of the positive snow depth change as an alternative to the 10:1 maps, but they absolutely are driven by soil type and especially soil temperature;  they tend to be a bit underdone early or late in the season when the ground temps have been warm for a few days.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic