Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Keep the gfs right there. Have the euro be a little amped. Blend it 70/30. Boom. 

I feel like 84 to 108 hrs out is when these things like to start throwing a few curve balls. Stay the course for now and see where we are tomorrow at this time. Past failures has me concerned slightly, and has from the start of this thing...

Just now, Spanks45 said:

I feel like 84 to 108 hrs out is when these things like to start throwing a few curve balls. Stay the course for now and see where we are tomorrow at this time. Past failures has me concerned slightly, and has from the start of this thing...

We still in ens range. op runs are still high variance. Past failures are embedded in my dna lol but I am not concerned, yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

CMC is coming in a lot better 

Just now, weathafella said:

CMC is a solid crushing 

Normally I’d trust the GFS over the GGEM (I recall the GGEM being not that good), but the drastic run to run shifts from the GFS don’t make it look very credible at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Are we hyper reacting to a d4 gfs op run much?

Exactly - it’s one run 4+ days out.  Just like the 18z GFS was a huge hit, this is a miss.   Will go back and forth a bit on the operational run.  Let’s see the GEFS and rest of suite.  No need to over-react here (at least not now!)

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We still in ens range. op runs are still high variance. Past failures are embedded in my dna lol but I am not concerned, yet. 

It's all about the chase now...I'm still the guy that thinks my team is going to pull it out in the 9th inning down by 5 with 1 out....we are up by 2, bottom of the 3rd right now...plenty of time 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

18z GFS was a northern outlier within its ensemble system, so a southward correction doesn't surprise any. And honestly for all we know right now this could be a southern outlier on the 00z GEFS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spanks45 said:

It's all about the chase now...I'm still the guy that thinks my team is going to pull it out in the 9th inning down by 5 with 1 out....we are up by 2, bottom of the 3rd right now...plenty of time 

Would love to see the CMC maps. All these model fluctuations can cause insanity, but, then I thought, Hey.. We still have a lot od winter to go. So... Not to worry ( but I do hope for double digit snow for this storm ). 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

You shouldn't be, Going to be plenty of ebbs and flows for another day or two at least, But i think your in a good spot.

Yea. I think all of sne is in a good spot. The solution is certainly plausible but until the evidence becomes clearer, it’s just a randomized op run filed in the fwiw category just like 18z was. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Agree. I think CT is in good shape here. We can take a NW or S trend and come out with something decent if worst comes to worst. Just not too much IMO. 

This GFS is bringing back my dark memories of early December 2018 in the mid-Atlantic :lol:

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Agree. I think CT is in good shape here. We can take a NW or S trend and come out with something decent if worst comes to worst. Just not too much IMO. 

Yeah, You guys are sitting in a good spot, Some just need to keep expectation in check for now, These day 4-5 jacks don't usually end up where there modeled at this lead, But i think your areas in line for a Mod-Sig event.