• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

I’ve mentioned my paranoia about major north and west trending on storms as have a few others.... but this surprises me because in my memory I feel like the dangerous northwest ticking toward rain territory usually happened about 48-72 hours prior to the event.... not under 48 hours. Like, “we should have known about this last night”

It looks “okay” for me here but if it did this now, what’s next for 18z etc etc!

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The banding sig is all over the place...some runs its over you and others its just NW of you and some of the more suppressed runs like 12z euro yesterday its south of you. There's no way to know that you will be getting some big screwgie at this time lead.

Right, that's all I meant.

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So boxing day.... Hey all thanks for the thoughts. I am in Hartford Hospital with blood clots in both lungs. Man talk about pain. I think I am over the hump as they are transferring me out of ICU today to a step down room.

My call without much involvement is 14 to 20 in the jack zones in NW NE Ct. 8 to 14 rest of CT . Stay safe kids

Get better, here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I’ve mentioned my paranoia about major north and west trending on storms as have a few others.... but this surprises me because in my memory I feel like the dangerous northwest ticking toward rain territory usually happened about 48-72 hours prior to the event.... not under 48 hours. Like, “we should have known about this last night”

It's still just the NAM

3 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

We've seen these tick NW inside of 48....I feel like they usually do it until about 24-30h, and then we start getting messenger shuffle back SE a little bit.

Anywyas, this is the NAM, you are always going to get some pretty jacked up solutions from it....sometimes it can lead the way but other times it overshoots the mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Surface highs don't do jack shit. That fallacy needs to stop. Surface HP is guided by the mid levels. It's the mid levels that allow storms to move up and out to sea. Not some high pressure at the surface. 

It's really only relevant for low level cold.

• Like 1