Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The best thing about The Panic Room? No worries about snow! We've never needed to spend overhead money on plowing. 

With that savings in mind, we've developed a beautiful mini-riviera where our guests can enjoy beautiful warm sunsets. We even provide the picnic baskets! Where else can you get a deal like that? 

f6180a16a336bdc27730d4cb8f7d2c1d.jpg

The one service that the panic room has never offered to my recollection is executions.

I feel like it’s the missing link. Add that and we have a first rate facility.

45 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

Not sure if this was posted but pretty cool, in depth synopsis of the latest Nor'Easter and why many didn't get what was forecasted.

https://forecasterjack.com/2020/12/06/verifying-and-reflecting-on-the-forecast-for-12-5-20/

Thanks for posting...great insight into reading soundings there.  

10 hours ago, Potvinsux said:

Not sure if this was posted but pretty cool, in depth synopsis of the latest Nor'Easter and why many didn't get what was forecasted.

https://forecasterjack.com/2020/12/06/verifying-and-reflecting-on-the-forecast-for-12-5-20/

Excellent read. My buddy in Conway was in the biggest bust zone. Ended up with a quarter inch of mostly compact/partially melted flakes after a bunch of rain.

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Excellent read. My buddy in Conway was in the biggest bust zone. Ended up with a quarter inch of mostly compact/partially melted flakes after a bunch of rain.

Jack Sillin is a good follow on twitter for those who are on there. He's pretty young, but has a good sense of knowledge. 

25 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Got clouds out there this morning. Lots of clouds. Great storm. We should start making threads for sunny days, too.

if you want, I can make an Ellicott City centered thread just for you to post in? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, rclab said:

Oh well, E J, that still might be 60 minutes more than some coastal sections up north see. As always ....

I mean, it was a sarcastic post in the banter thread. I wasn't being a deb. It's a La Ninna year so I'm keeping myself based in reality. Hoping to move to Maine someday and finally see winter again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Thanks.  We’ll be there 12/27-12/31.  This will probably be in the middle of our annual holiday torch but hoping there are a few trails open.  

I am going to go as soon as it snows a bunch up there!  I have fond memories of jumping off of the roof of the Panorama hotel in to a 6 foot snow drift when I was a kid.. the hotel is gone.. but I am sure I can find an airbnb with a deck and a snow drift if I try!

Quick shout out to the Texas Road House up in Frederick.. we hit it up last night after a long hike on the Appalachian trail.. their burgers and ribs are awesome and the atmosphere their was electric!  Nice to see a lot of people out and in a festive mood.  

I highly recommend it if you are in the area :) 

1 hour ago, jaydreb said:

Thanks.  We’ll be there 12/27-12/31.  This will probably be in the middle of our annual holiday torch but hoping there are a few trails open.  

Please wave as you fly by me on the trail and I’m the 35 y/o still trying to make a “pizza” with my skis to slow down.  

Last year’s weather that week sucked but the last few years before that each featured a few days with fresh snowfall (I think two years ago we had like 14” of fresh snow that week).  Hoping for more of that this year.

ETA:  Wisp has been busy making snow since Saturday night...they seem on track to open sometime soon based on the looks of it.  

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I mean, it was a sarcastic post in the banter thread. I wasn't being a deb. It's a La Ninna year so I'm keeping myself based in reality. Hoping to move to Maine someday and finally see winter again.

Do it as son as you can, Joe. It was also my dream. The coast  of Maine and a lighthouse.  A dream is all that it will remain for me. As always ....

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic