• Member Statistics

    16,544
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M
    Joined
weatherwiz

Monday, November 30, 2020 Heavy Rain, Strong Winds, and Severe Convection

Recommended Posts

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Does a rumble or two of Thunder really impress you that much?  
 

If so, more power to you. 

yes, especially this year when it hasn't happened very often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intrigued on what that line of t'storms southwest of CT does as it gets into the state. Good amount of lightning with it and instability looks to continue building into the state...also have stronger LLJ over the state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weatherwiz said:

Intrigued on what that line of t'storms southwest of CT does as it gets into the state. Good amount of lightning with it and instability looks to continue building into the state...also have stronger LLJ over the state

Let’s roar next 2-4 hours 

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wind is rocking, Frequent gust in the 40 mph range, Power has gone off and on twice now, Up to 1.04" rainfall.
I didn't plan ahead. If we lose power, can't use new genny since I don't have an enclosure for it to keep out of the rain. Might try building a small lean to off of garage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Timing?  Powers still on here.

How about rain? Have you had enough? I would really appreciate it if you would stop with the rain dances and dowsing sticks. I've had 10 in in the past 2 months.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
27 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Wind is rocking, Frequent gust in the 40 mph range, Power has gone off and on twice now, Up to 1.04" rainfall.

I didn't plan ahead. If we lose power, can't use new genny since I don't have an enclosure for it to keep out of the rain. Might try building a small lean to off of garage

That's the problem I have, haven't had the time to build an enclosure, i may be able to keep it at the end of the garage but would be close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
26 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Wind is rocking, Frequent gust in the 40 mph range, Power has gone off and on twice now, Up to 1.04" rainfall.

I didn't plan ahead. If we lose power, can't use new genny since I don't have an enclosure for it to keep out of the rain. Might try building a small lean to off of garage

 

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

That's the problem I have, haven't had the time to build an enclosure, i may be able to keep it at the end of the garage but would be close. 

Mine is portable, I will just run it out in the elements if need be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess a ferry and another ship broke loose form their mooring in Boston harbor. 

My brother in law just text me who works at BIW and they have tugs on standby as they have 2 Navy ships tied up to the dock that they want to make sure do not break free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
17 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Mine is portable, I will just run it out in the elements if need be.

Mine is portable too, but what's all this stuff I'm reading about electrocution and such if run in the rain or snow?

We ran these things at construction sites in all elements without issue so i'm not sure where that's coming from.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We ran these things at construction sites in all elements without issue so i'm not sure where that's coming from.

I’ve run my portable genny in all kinds of weather with no probs. never knew otherwise. I’ll take my chances with it out in the weather as opposed to in the garage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SJonesWX said:

I’ve run my portable genny in all kinds of weather with no probs. never knew otherwise. I’ll take my chances with it out in the weather as opposed to in the garage

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How about rain? Have you had enough? I would really appreciate it if you would stop with the rain dances and dowsing sticks. I've had 10 in in the past 2 months.

Ain’t happening James 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.