Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

25 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Antecedent cold isn’t a concern in this event outside of the usual SE spots imo. Here’s the 00z EPS high temperature 50th percentile chart.

EMpUwVw.png

Forget about the verbatim numbers for a second and look at the wedge of cold nestled all the way into upstate South Carolina. That’s a very strong CAD signal.

Again, this is the ensemble so it’s not a random drawing like an op run can be. The cold is in place in most locations as the storm is arriving. Now that doesn’t mean mixing won’t happen or that things can’t trend warmer at the surface or aloft, but that’s a great signal right there.

Right on cue. I look for the cad to just keep getting more pronounced as we go forward

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I feel a nuclear assault inbound via GFS shortly.

It’s the old windshield wiper effect. All the models going to do this through at least tomorrow I’m guessing. Monday seems like the lock it up day. That said, I’m also feeling this next GFS gonna rock us...

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I feel a nuclear assault inbound via GFS shortly.

I feel this is a critical run because of Monday impacts. We should see a better idea of what happens Monday to set the stage for Wednesday.. But, if a rug can be pulled, football picked up, or whatever, this may give us some insight. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 3

Just now, midatlanticweather said:

I feel this is a critical run because of Monday impacts. We should see a better idea of what happens Monday to set the stage for Wednesday.. But, if a rug can be pulled, football picked up, or whatever, this may give us some insight. Just my 2 cents. 

Yea, 12z Tuesday suite is my go/no go for Wednesday. By then the Monday event is gone and we'll know for sure.

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Honestly, I feel like less than double digits will be disappointing after all of the digital snow we have seen...

Never trust the 10:1 snow maps unless the whole column stays below -7. Otherwise, expect 2"-4" and be happy with what you get. It's just part of the climo of this area.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

If you set that as the bar you might as well make a reservation in The Panic Room. I wouldn't even lock in double digits up here and I don't have a quarter of the concerns imby. 

I think warning level is achievable. From there, it's gravy IMO. 

Warning level is my bar too...I haven't had one verify imby since 2016, so...I'd take 5-8"! I am curious about what the ceiling will be though...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic