Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not nearly as far north. It didn’t bring Quebec province to bare ground 

It went right into Quebec. Quebec likely had way more snow and water content in it, vs December. Nothing really tops those series of cutters. The whole northeast had major river flooding.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It went right into Quebec. Quebec likely had way more snow and water content in it, vs December. Nothing really tops those series of cutters. The whole northeast had major river flooding.

Early January 2008 was also very impressive for a thaw.  Record December 2007 snow in parts of New England was just torched down in 2-3 days of warmth.  Of course it kept snowing after that and led to record depths in places afterwards.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

People just don't understand the variety of NAO, never have, they look at historical numbers and try to predict LR based on numbers.  Gimme a transient block with a 50 50 low any day. I have hyped EPO with transient blocks forever.  Jan 11 started with a huge neg EPO dump that went positive, however the block moved west into  Canada allowing room for the 50 50 low denying cutters. At the same time transient blocking just upstream of us worked. I remain very encouraged starting the 2nd week of Jan excellent chances at a very snowy month will be back.

They also don’t realize that are plenty of storms where a -NAO can actually hurt you.  It’s not common but there are mostly definitely cases of storms that produced rain from DCA-BOS where if the NAO was positive might have been all snow events.  You have to dig in to find them but they’re there.  To an extent 12-25-02 is a storm that if the setup over the Atlantic was less favorable the storm might have been snowier near the coast and that wasn’t a raging negative NAO either 

‘ Remember posting that I thought it might do this on the 18 z ; it’s interesting it waited ... but anyway whatever I think that it’s possible this thing just keeps trending into either a flat snow event or some kind of ANA false hope… We may just be passing through the fun cycles bow on our right way to a flat solution

I just can’t get over the speedy flow and I don’t know what’s going to slow this down ...really thread the needle this time. That’s is, for now

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

‘ Remember posting that I thought it might do this on the 18 z ; it’s interesting it waited ... but anyway whatever I think that it’s possible this thing just keeps trending into either a flat snow event or some kind of ANA false hope… We may just be passing through the fun cycles bow on our right way to a flat solution

I just can’t get over the speedy flow and I don’t know what’s going to slow this down ...really thread the needle this time. That’s is, for now

At least not a cutter. 

Hard to buy the GFS until the CMC and Euro stop showing disasters.