Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We will need to wait and see how it evolves but damn, if I’m ski area management looking at that forecast,  you gotta question if you want to make snow between rainers?  
The answer is probably yes for the big areas but hopefully we can get this to change a little bit.  Jay Peak could end up with record low snowfall for December.

Don't have the technology to make snow on snowmobile trails yet.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We will need to wait and see how it evolves but damn, if I’m ski area management looking at that forecast,  you gotta question if you want to make snow between rainers?  
The answer is probably yes for the big areas but hopefully we can get this to change a little bit.  Jay Peak could end up with record low snowfall for December.

They only had 11" in 12/94 and 14.6" four years later.  Pretty sure they've already passed those.  Still could finish well under the 55" average.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Now we have a negative nao and the pac sucks

Just can't make this up

January holds alot of promise 

When good modeled patterns get pushed back and delayed and delayed and delayed, they never happen. It’s very possible there is no good snowy pattern next week or beyond and the storm last week was it 

• Thanks 1

At least you guys had that storm last week. Over here in Central NY...still waiting on a good snowstorm. Painful is when I get 4 inches of snow, while an hour south they get 40 inches (last week). Here in supposedly the "snowiest major city" in the country, we're still waiting to hit the 12 inch mark on the season...which is really lame when you live in a lake effect area.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

At least you guys had that storm last week. Over here in Central NY...still waiting on a good snowstorm. Painful is when I get 4 inches of snow, while an hour south they get 40 inches (last week). Here in supposedly the "snowiest major city" in the country, we're still waiting to hit the 12 inch mark on the season...which is really lame when you live in a lake effect area.

You have a better shot of eyeballs growing out of your rectum than you do of me ever feeling badly for the Tug region's snowfall struggles lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

23 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Now we have a negative nao and the pac sucks

Just can't make this up

January holds alot of promise 

Lol... Ant you asked me if I thought the decent tele’s you posted earlier would produce...I guess you got your answer with the modeling today....which is a “RESOUNDING NO!”

Which is what I was fearing when I said,  we’ve seen them(decent Atlantic teles) not produce many times in the past.  

And where does January show a lot of promise?   The -NAO, and -AO?  I wouldn’t be holding my breath on that either. But that’s just me. 

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I think I'm going to take them out of the trailer this afternoon just to bomb around the yard a bit before the snow goes away. :(

Got my wife's ACE 600 in pieces trying to see why it's idling rough, stalling and not running on both cylinders. Pulled the tank and will inspect the fuel line/filter then move onto the fuel pump. Plugs look good. No hurry to get it fixed, but surprisingly some of our local trails are actually pretty decent right now.

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Got my wife's ACE 600 in pieces trying to see why it's idling rough, stalling and not running on both cylinders. Pulled the tank and will inspect the fuel line/filter then move onto the fuel pump. Plugs look good. No hurry to get it fixed, but surprisingly some of our local trails are actually pretty decent right now.

Not a computer issue?

EPS look good out in the extended....there's a lot of NAO/AO blocking. We're going to have chances with that type of blocking....even with a pretty meh Pacific.

EPO region actually does briefly attain some pretty big ridging around D7-10, so don't be surprised if the progs for near New Years and beyond show up colder as Canada may trend colder than currently shown if that EPO ridge materializes. I definitely would be optimistic in the longer range despite some turds in the immediate punch bowl over the next week or so.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS look good out in the extended....there's a lot of NAO/AO blocking. We're going to have chances with that type of blocking....even with a pretty meh Pacific.

EPO region actually does briefly attain some pretty big ridging around D7-10, so don't be surprised if the progs for near New Years and beyond show up colder as Canada may trend colder than currently shown if that EPO ridge materializes. I definitely would be optimistic in the longer range despite some turds in the immediate punch bowl over the next week or so.

Nice. Sometimes these pattern shifts get delayed but not denied. No reason to jump off bridges or howl like a hungry winterwolf. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would say that if you are still waiting after the first week of January, pack it up and find a new hobby. Hopefully I'm wrong.

First week of February is when I start to lose interest. Like if we're not in deep winter or deep winter looks to come quickly. Close the shades on winter and start the golf and fishing threads!

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

First week of February is when I start to lose interest. Like if we're not in deep winter or deep winter looks to come quickly. Close the shades on winter and start the golf and fishing threads!

I just mean I'm not sold that this high latitude blocking doesn't have an end point. Doesn't have to mean a record +AO because I agree that is not happening again this year.