• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob

October 2020 Discussion

40 minutes ago, Winging_it said:

Yes, my brother will continue to maintain the website. He owns First Lake General Store, FKA Treats and Treasures. I believe the equipment will remain at the original location but he will be taking snow measurements from his backyard across the street from the store. I'll be his "advisor", as much as I can do from a distance. Hopefully the transition will be fairly seamless.

Awesome 

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ginx says no. Big big incoming. We’ll see who is right 

Just feeling different and familiar. 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Sun was massive as it was rising this morning  wish I wasn't  driving and got a pic..

Supernova?

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just feeling different and familiar. 

I sorta feel the same but that probably curses it.  

FYI posted in banter thread about a house up here we are selling for any weeenies who wanna get up north.

• Like 1

30.1F  Vis 0 thick fog.  Heavy frost.   Coldest so far with my first widespread killing frost.

Yesterday the storm produced 1.75" of rain and a 10 minute flip to snow around 630am.   After the clouds cleared and I could see all the ridgelines the snow level was around 2000 feet.  Ragged at 2200 feet was white at the top.  Distant Sunapee had snow on it and Cardigan at 3108 was white all day.  We took a ride around Newfound Lake and just 5 miles NW of the lake at higher elevations the ground was totally white and the roads were plowed.  That again showed to me that even after a day in the 50's with a warm ground if it snows at a good clip it will stick.  Of course this was during the dawn hours.

White Mountains look very white this morning from the cams

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

0z GFS said she gone.........

Euro also

Some people got duped into believing the big storm. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Winging_it said:

Yes, my brother will continue to maintain the website. He owns First Lake General Store, FKA Treats and Treasures. I believe the equipment will remain at the original location but he will be taking snow measurements from his backyard across the street from the store. I'll be his "advisor", as much as I can do from a distance. Hopefully the transition will be fairly seamless.

Nice. I read on the website that the weather station will be moved today.