Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I tried that yesterday for the first time in awhile and slightly tweaked my back. Later in the afternoon I pulled it worse than ever just walking to the coop. Heavy, heavy pain, but no pain relievers yet. I strangely feel better walking around in the yard trying to do stuff today, but as soon as I relax inside it's back to 8/10 pain. I guess the blood flow helps. :oldman:

My back has been off and on with issues since the Spring. Definitely paying for the abuse it took in my 20s. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

I tried that yesterday for the first time in awhile and slightly tweaked my back. Later in the afternoon I pulled it worse than ever just walking to the coop. Heavy, heavy pain, but no pain relievers yet. I strangely feel better walking around in the yard trying to do stuff today, but as soon as I relax inside it's back to 8/10 pain. I guess the blood flow helps. :oldman:

Pinched nerve, disc compresses in sitting positions 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

My back has been off and on with issues since the Spring. Definitely paying for the abuse it took in my 20s. 

I’ve had minor issues with my back over the past few years due to lots of physical work.  However, four weeks ago I hurt myself and it was insane. When somebody tells me they have back pain I will never take it for granted again. 

A few days of crippling back pain and then a week of soreness that turned into lightning bolt like sciatica.  Definitely a disk compression or herniation putting some pressure on a nerve.

I saw my doctor and have done some chiropractic and PT work. I also spent many years as a licensed body worker before I took a break and went to the beer world.  It took a few weeks but I figured out the stretches and self adjustments that get me back to baseline comfort level.  I can stand up all day long but short or long car rides throw my S.I. joint out of place and trigger the sciatic lightning.  
Every day gets a little bit better now but there is full emotional crisis when you feel like you were never gonna walk quite the same way again.  

I lasted about two days on prescription muscle relaxers before I threw them away.  Stretching, walking, occasional Advil and CBD. 

• Like 1

Worst back pain I ever had was a few months ago. I was doing squats with the bar up on my shoulders, it slipped down onto my upper spine and I heard a cracking sound. I immediately knew I messed up. A slipped disc in the upper back is pretty rare, apparently, but that is one way to get one. Hurt like hell for about a week and then dull pain for a few more weeks. Not as bad as the lower back injuries since the upper spine doesn't twist as much in daily activities.

22 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Horrific loss for the ravens 

They are headed down the drain. I haven't been interested in them for about a month now. The league has figured out Lamar and he is mediocre at best at this point.

The Pats are lousy this year and going nowhere, and yet the Ravens looked utterly overmatched against them, especially in the second half. A very bad sign.

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

94.5% efficacy is incredible, if it’s all on the up and up. That’s the type of number that could end this nightmare sooner rather than later if people will take the damn vaccine.

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

94.5% efficacy is incredible, if it’s all on the up and up. That’s the type of number that could end this nightmare sooner rather than later if people will take the damn vaccine.

The way the roll out goes, Many people that would rather wait A bit longer before trying vaccine ..will have to anyway .

It will be given to health care and elderly first (assuming that data is favorable when peer reviewed ..) And then those folks can get their wish and see how it works on others regarding any of their concerns .

The only concern I would have is If I was looking to have a baby/ fertility Concerns . I’ve seen cases where those effects take lots of time to create enough evidence that is beyond circumstantial and by then it’s too late , but that is not my personal concern .

14 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Kicking myself for not buying some stock last week.

Ya, the call option premiums were pricey .

Bought MRNA calls and TBIO as well . A lady I train works for them (TBIO) and they use same m rna  platform so this sort of validates the platform and makes them a potential buy out candidate if they have their crap together . NVAX hopefully dips I believe they will have the most “useful supply of a successful vaccine “ 

Fascinating that tech has fallen on good vaccine news since last Monday . Huge valuations now may flow somewhere else .

42 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya, the call option premiums were pricey .

Bought MRNA calls and TBIO as well . A lady I train works for them (TBIO) and they use same m rna  platform so this sort of validates the platform and makes them a potential buy out candidate if they have their crap together . NVAX hopefully dips I believe they will have the most “useful supply of a successful vaccine “ 

Fascinating that tech has fallen on good vaccine news since last Monday . Huge valuations now may flow somewhere else .

NVAX has the best product IMO 

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Listened to NPR story this AM on it.  Apparently there were 33,000 volunteers for the trial.  

One of my friends is a subject.  She’s a surgeon at one of the local hospitals in Boston.   She got a little sick for one day but felt fine by day 2.

21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah.  That would’ve been the time to buy and hodl.  It was only up around 7% today last time I checked.  

Weren't they suspected of a little bit of pump 'n' dump type activity earlier this year?  Spreading a little premature or false news about their vaccine?