Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I’ve lead a pretty tame life, let ‘em look. What’re they going to tar me with? The fact I don’t keep a DIT-like lawn?  Or that I don’t measure snow as well as JSpin?  I’d make a cabinet level position Snow Czar and have traveling around the country ensuring ski areas are correctly snow reporting. Instead of a summer White House, I’d have a winter White House in Valdez. I’d get government scientists straight to developing a simple, affordable home snowmaking machine. 

Snowmaking machines for everyone!  I’m in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This really was a tale of two elections 

Biden will be in white house when Trumps tantrum is over BUT Pelosi and congress dems are absolutely pissed in a huge way .

Doesn't matter to Congressional dems who is in White House  really,  when they were counting on a blue wave that didn’t happen . They won’t get anything they want to Biden to sign .Not getting the senate has devastated their moral and they even lost many seats in house (that they still control barely ) . This really isn’t hyperbole.

So states that have a huge Revenue shortfall (NY/ ILL.  and were counting on a blue wave stimulus to states now have to crawl back to Moscow Mitch in Senate . That old turtle looking fella is smiling ear to ear . 

Trump was close as I figured he would be as polls will never grasp the Trump support who would rather not interact with pollsters and face judgement , but in the end he fell short or will , the numbers in key states show  this barely But still CLEARLY If you know what to look at. There is a reason Vegas is at 90% now for Biden .

The guy does have a turtle looking chin. Everytime I see it I want to just smack it. I'm a republican to but I cant stand that guy

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Trump and his supporters begging to keep counting votes in some states while simultaneously trying to stop votes in other states from being counted is laugh out loud funny. 

Almost like this whole thing can’t be real life.

Proud Girls are on standby. That’s the bigger concern.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I miss your FB posts.  They either had some good humor or wholesome stuff. 
but I understand why someone would delete it. It has crossed my mind 

Thanks. I'm on Linkedin this morning and they are feeding me political BS.  That one might get deleted too. 

37 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It's essential that all--and only legal--votes be counted and then let the chips fall where they may.  We'll see how it play out.

In more pressing news--what a weekend upcoming to finish the leaves!!!

Finish leaves?  My oaks have barely changed color.  They'll be on the trees for another 2-3 weeks.

The thing about mail ballots-they’ve been around forever.   My first time voting for potus was 1968 by mail in absentee.  In those days you (per memory) had to tell why you can’t show up in person but no one checked.  Early voting is also a big boon to participation.   My wife and I voted by mail but dropped if off at town hall since we as usual procrastinated and cut the mail window too close.   Never miss voting even for only local elections.  The rules of how to fill out and where to put your ballot by mail in MA requires you to carefully pay attention!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The thing about mail ballots-they’ve been around forever.   My first time voting for potus was 1968 by mail in absentee.  In those days you (per memory) had to tell why you can’t show up in person but no one checked.  Early voting is also a big boon to participation.   My wife and I voted by mail but dropped if off at town hall since we as usual procrastinated and cut the mail window too close.   Never miss voting even for only local elections.  The rules of how to fill out and where to put your ballot by mail in MA requires you to carefully pay attention!

Yup.  I did the same for the 1st time this year.  Not sure why it's such a hot issue.  I would just make sure that it's stipulated that your ballot is postmarked no later then election day.  However long it takes to count those votes after the election is irrelevant.   Also irrelevant is how a State chooses to release that information to the media.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yup.  I did the same for the 1st time this year.  Not sure why it's such a hot issue.  I would just make sure that it's stipulated that your ballot is postmarked no later then election day.  However long it takes to count those votes after the election is irrelevant.   Also irreverent is how a State chooses to release that information to the media.

It is a hot issue because one party took advantage of the other voting options more than the other.  Now the other party is butthurt.  I like having options.  We voted early because it was more efficient and took way less time. I could also do it on a weekend which made it easier for my schedule.   If these options continue to be made available and if they are secure I will continue to exercise my right in the way I choose, even if no pandemic exists.  Not sure why people have an issue with it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yup.  I did the same for the 1st time this year.  Not sure why it's such a hot issue.  I would just make sure that it's stipulated that your ballot is postmarked no later then election day.  However long it takes to count those votes after the election is irrelevant.   Also irreverent is how a State chooses to release that information to the media.

well it can't go on forever.....at some point you have to have a cut off. 

There is nothing wrong with mail in ballots. The issue now is it’s not going Trumps way, so there is a problem. I’m sure if all the mail in ballots were coming up R, there wouldn’t be any kicking and screaming.

He knew mail in ballots would be an issue for him though, which is why for months he tried to delegitimize the process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

well it can't go on forever.....at some point you have to have a cut off. 

Citizens shouldn’t be penalized for the ineptitude of the USPS... if your vote is dropped on a mailbox by Election Day, it should be counted. I don’t care if it takes 3 weeks to get there, that’s not the voters problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I miss your FB posts.  They either had some good humor or wholesome stuff. 
but I understand why someone would delete it. It has crossed my mind 

FB is a cesspool.  With the exception of the rare post about my kids, or other personal stuff,  I literally only post memes, music, and other crap just to get the lol's and stir sh.it up, and have fun. It's impossible to take a forum like that seriously, but some of my friends come at me either directly commenting on a post, or via PM.  I giggle, and move on.

There are too many other places to get legit, serious, factual news from (some day I will find such places), and to me, FB is not one of those places.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

FB is a cesspool.  With the exception of the rare post about my kids, or other personal stuff,  I literally only post memes, music, and other crap just to get the lol's and stir sh.it up, and have fun. It's impossible to take a forum like that seriously, but some of my friends come at me either directly commenting on a post, or via PM.  I giggle, and move on.

There are too many other places to get legit, serious, factual news from (some day I will find such places), and to me, FB is not one of those places.  

I don't really use it for news, except a little very local news.  Mostly for jokes/memes, staying in touch with distant friends/family, or specialized groups