Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

2 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Absolutely. I decided to go to sleep at 10 PM last night so I can get up this morning :-). Perfect sledding weather and snowman making!

Smart man!

It's a wet, soggy mess here and melting fast.  We tried sledding (unsuccessfully), and my boys made a snowman.  Snowball fights are intense too.  They are full of wet, heavy slushballs that splash on impact.  :D

All in all, I love it!  Such a nice surprise.  Even got upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning around 12:00 PM.  HRRR was all over this one, for once.

• Like 1

So, I went on a fast 5 mile snow run(not StrongWxnc ultra marathon fast, but old man fast) I love running through the woods. The snow is at it's deepest, and undisturbed, except by the deer. I have been running in the morning at 22 degrees in the dark, so 36 had me down to t-shirt. A beautiful day !!!

• Like 5

So, I went on a fast 5 mile snow run(not StrongWxnc ultra marathon fast, but old man fast) I love running through the woods. The snow is at it's deepest, and undisturbed, except by the deer. I have been running in the morning at 22 degrees in the dark, so 36 had me down to t-shirt. A beautiful day !!!

Awesome Jason! Nothing beats running in the snow. I’m sidelined for a Month or I would have drove up to black mountain this weekend for some action on the trails!

5 hours ago, wncsnow said:

I got screwed again but at least it snowed some. I have never had a winter with this many 1 to 2 inch events in quick succession.

Me too, I might have 2 inches, boy these 4-8 and 3-6  inch snow falls just aren't coming thru.  I think the 4-8 10 days ago we might have received 1/2 inch.  I'm ready for a bonified 6 inch snow and I'll be ready for spring.  we need that cold air that was to come in here tomorrow to come in some time this week to have a good chance.  Last night it never got going good then we were in a dry slot forever.  Our temps are always marginal at best.  We need bonified cold without a warm nose to worry about.  Sorry,,,,,venting, should have gone to the whining thread.

• Like 1

Looking back at my seasonal snow totals, I think we were a little spoiled between 2014-2018. We had a big snow (6+) pretty much every year across most of the forum those years. And multiple small events most of those years too. I shouldn't expect a big snow every year here maybe not even every 2 or 3 if I go by history. 

• Like 1

It was 36° when I left my house this morning so I wasn't thinking about black ice. Driving down the valley this morning every bridge is covered with ice. Currently rain and 32° at my office.

And I only read the long term thread for entertainment purposes...and for whatever griteater and a couple of others have to say.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

About 60 and sunny here at my office in Hendersonville. Got me itching for Spring. I feel like this winter has been cold with relatively measurable snow every week. I have had my fun and now I am over it! (unpopular opinion) 
Not as unpopular as you may think. I'm hoping winter doesn't last into April like last year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic