• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Ok fellas lets see if this season can be any better than the last few! Currently there are signs we may actually see some fall weather in September.  Best of luck to all and hopefully we will all have a snow cold winter!

• Like 8

In 2020 fashion, here's to hoping the word "glacier" becomes a concern for the mountains this year.  Looking forward to some of that excess snow making its way to the foothills.  No hoarding up there!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Here's hoping I can get more than 3" of snow at one time this season.

Last season was weird.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Agree.  Anecdotally it felt like it warmed up during the week with rain Friday turning to snow overnight ushering in a colder weekend with an inch or 2 of snow at the high elevations.  Never really got a storm of any substance.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Here's hoping I can get more than 3" of snow at one time this season.

Last season was weird.

Here's to hoping I can get 3" of snow total this season 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Forgive me if I doubt the "cool down" just yet. If I see temperatures in the low 50's this weekend, perhaps I will bite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggie Ace said:

Forgive me if I doubt the "cool down" just yet. If I see temperatures in the low 50's this weekend, perhaps I will bite. 

Yeah the models are jumping around a bit and currently there are a few differences between the GFS and the EURO.  Go figure. 

12 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah the models are jumping around a bit and currently there are a few differences between the GFS and the EURO.  Go figure. 

I honestly think it'll land somewhere between. Seasonal and dry. I'll take that.

Got some strong storms heading in soon. f0603a2a66f9081c4a20372a0bb77463.jpg&key=0f47f78e87cdc861625693315d02131c6b7c25951bf27d0551d533a53281eb7a

Nevermind, lol. Those fell apart pretty fast. I have a passing light shower and 75°at 4400'. That's about as hot as we ever get here in July. I bet it feels awful down in the valley today. 1fb10b2060fa221a6cb59020ca909024.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sw NC weather said:

I swear we can’t have a dry stretch last more than 2 days. Had a couple showers this morning, didn’t add up to a whole lot but I’m tired of it.

Today actually turned out beautiful.  A bit warm but oh well. I had the same showers this morning.  

59 at the house in Maggie this morning.  Drier air and cool temperatures certainly feel comfortable.  Perhaps the low 50's are possible tomorrow morning?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

59 at the house in Maggie this morning.  Drier air and cool temperatures certainly feel comfortable.  Perhaps the low 50's are possible tomorrow morning?

Yes I think so. Maybe right around 50.

I went up to Mt Mitchell today and I have never seen so many people on the parkway. It was 59 up there at 3:30 with a brisk wind

• Like 1