• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    XC700
    Newest Member
    XC700

September 2020 Discussion

6 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

its getting to be that time! the (dry) weather has been near ideal this past month tho

Maybe the best September ever. Hot peppers and big buds FTW! 

Just now, PhineasC said:

A few life-giving drops falling now actually. By few I mean I can count them. 

Haha yeah looks like that’s hitting you now... we got 0.02”.  This is what trying to get snow in 2015-16 was like... you cheered for flurries.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Days and days of rain on the euro.

I already made plans for the beach since Kevin said dry weather is on the way.:(

54 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Maybe the best September ever. Hot peppers and big buds FTW! 

My cousin in Ashfield showed me pictures last weekend of her buds. Looks like its going to be a great harvest this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Hmmm,  might be time to harvest certain herbal medicinal plants, that have flowers which are easily affected by powdery mildew.

Talk to quite a few growers up here and that seems to be a big problem this year, Now with rain on the way, You can add in bud rot to watch out for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Days and days of rain on the euro.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's probably wrong with the s/w in the south, but that is wet AF.

With the pattern change, we should not so easily toss the solution for as abysmal as the Euro has been over the Summer.  Caution flags flying for solid rain potential with this deep trough.

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I was going to take Monday the 5th off with the wife to do a NNE day drive maybe over to the Whites and back through NEK of VT for some foliage viewing... I think we are going to go this Monday now.  I'm afraid the 5th will be too late for this northern band from here to Alex/Phin.

Folks waiting until mid October this year for foliage will be disappointed when they end up in stick season instead.

It's an excessively charge and sensitive flow due to higher energy/potential available.. 

Early season trough expression is imposing an enormous gradient between the polarward side of the polar jet, dipping to almost the OV as it is... and the lingering summer tapestry that is roughtly SFO -HAT remaining... 

Small perturbations that tap into that latent potential may be blowing out of proportion..that pressure depiction there appears constructed out of that as it is unnaturally discrete relative to the surrounding integration - it is actually does sort of look a little like a captured tropical entity without actually having had one being captured - that's usually some sort of a-bomb feedback BS in the model(s) when we see this -

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think anyone in SNE looking for significant rain needs to wait until at least next weekend.

Pretty good signal on all guidance mid to late week. 

48 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

My camera just doesn’t capture the colors. The orange tree in the back is bright neon orange. Doesn’t even look real. Looks like someone spray painted it. 

Yeah cell phones will never capture the real color.  Stuff is intense this year.

58 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think anyone in SNE looking for significant rain needs to wait until at least next weekend.

Yeah... I’m doubting the stuff mid to late next week... even if it comes to fruition... looks like west is best... an inch over like 10 days isn’t good rain either... so take that for what it’s worth 

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... I’m doubting the stuff mid to late next week... even if it comes to fruition... looks like west is best... an inch over like 10 days isn’t good rain either... so take that for what it’s worth 

That’s pretty good this time of year.  Pretty confident in mid to late week.