Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man that looks sick. You go there every day, Scott?

Haven’t been here since last weekend because was on the Gondi side during the week.  But this route is by far the least busy hike up the hill and I like that as the dog can be off leash the whole way.  We then loop down the mowed ski trails, if moving quick it can be an hour up, hour down, total time away from house about 2.5 hours.

With the fading daylight it’s been harder to hike after work these days.

What a day though... classic 2020... take the wife for a COVID test and then go for a hike.  A normal Saturday.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haven’t been here since last weekend because was on the Gondi side during the week.  But this route is by far the least busy hike up the hill and I like that as the dog can be off leash the whole way.  We then loop down the mowed ski trails, if moving quick it can be an hour up, hour down, total time away from house about 2.5 hours.

With the fading daylight it’s been harder to hike after work these days.

What a day though... classic 2020... take the wife for a COVID test and then go for a hike.  A normal Saturday.

Jesus up and down 4K like nothing. That’s great. 

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

image.png.2dcb0da8541b3268513034557c8e7fa3.png

The 9 years I've lived at this location... this is typically the complexion of this tree on or around October 10...  reaching pinnacle expression around the 13th or 14th of the month...

This year is an early anomaly by 2.5 weeks... That's "pretty" substantial -

White Mountains are at peak.  Going to be lots of disappointed people come Columbus Day weekend which is 2 weeks away.  Rain this week should take down lots of leaves.  Earliest foliage I have ever seen up here.

• Like 2