Total Members
    Most Online
    Monotone
    Newest Member
    Monotone

September 2020 Discussion

32 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

People were tougher then

People had nothing else to do back then so they may as well work 90 hours a week until they died of old age at 32.

22 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I will be glad my bedroom ac is still installed.... the others are out though

Kept ours in too. 

4 minutes ago, klw said:

People had nothing else to do back then so they may as well work 90 hours a week until they died of old age at 32.

Your avatar is sorta how I imagine the walls being made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Your avatar is sorta how I imagine the walls being made.

It does depict many weekends I have had since moving to our current house.  Who knew a crowbar would be so helpful a tool for clearing flower and veg beds!

A little early to say who the winners are. But as stated multiple times on here, this is a good pattern to get rains into the northeast. 

So it's either flooding rains or Stein I see. Lines have been drawn. No room for those with common sense and choose a less aggressive approach. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, klw said:

And the alternatives and stimuli offered up by technological modernity offer so much more appealing alternatives to feeling accomplished and basing internal spiritual wealth on a pattern of substantive achievement therefrom. 

wrong: it is an illusion - all of society is based on a vapid participation trophy for that matter.

societies of western Industrial derivatives ... man, if it wasn't for the fact that 'morality' and 'virtuality' are also, in themselve, merely human perception-constructs ( that bear no significance to the natural order of reality outside of our own immediate sentience-necessity ...) I'd say all these cultural ilks that derive pleasure and distraction by means of technological orgies are in desperate need of an asteroid impact to force feed them a fragility reminder/humility.  The vibe of 'entitlement' that proliferates all interactions at all scope and scales, in the gearing of societies of these convenience-addling ilk ... it's really ugly man.  

You know, that's high-brow ... 25$ words to describe a petty entitlement that happens once populations get used to electricity and other conveniences- but there really is truth to it.. 

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks like another Stein week next week. Good week for late season beach vacation with sun and dews

We tried and tried to tell them. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Lots of stonewalls around here too. We have one out in the back woods, but it's seen better days.

When i'm out hunting that's all you see is stone walls used for property lines built back several hundred years ago, Some of the best areas to hunt are right along a stonewall, If there is an opening in the wall, The deer will follow the wall and walk thru the opening, They will not jump the wall unless they have to or are being pushed, Also the red squirrels and chipmunks love them too as i have had a few run right across my shoulders before......lol

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And the alternatives and stimuli offered up by technological modernity offer so much more appealing alternatives to feeling accomplished and basing internal spiritual wealth on a pattern of substantive achievement therefrom. 

wrong: it is an illusion - all of society is based on a vapid participation trophy for that matter.

societies of western Industrial derivatives ... man, if it wasn't for the fact that 'morality' and 'virtuality' are also, in themselve, merely human perception-constructs ( that bear no significance to the natural order of reality outside of our own immediate sentience-necessity ...) I'd say all these cultural ilks that derive pleasure and distraction by means of technological orgies are in desperate need of an asteroid impact to force feed them a fragility reminder/humility.  The vibe of 'entitlement' that proliferates all interactions at all scope and scales, in the gearing of societies of these convenience-addling ilk ... it's really ugly man.  

You know, that's high-brow ... 25$ words to describe a petty entitlement that happens once populations get used to electricity and other conveniences- but there really is truth to it.. 

So you’re arguing a time when lifespans were <40 and a cut from a fungal infused branch you incurred while clearing from your lot and died from was better?   

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So you’re arguing a time when lifespans were <40 and a cut from a fungal infused branch you incurred while clearing from your lot and died from was better?   

Lmao....he's got way too much time on his hands.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Pretty sure my shallow dug well is about to go kaput. Unless I can get water delivered or it actually rains I will have to head back to MD. Damn Stein. 

He destroys anything and everyone in his path. He is undefeated 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Pretty sure my shallow dug well is about to go kaput. Unless I can get water delivered or it actually rains I will have to head back to MD. Damn Stein. 

Probably have to wait mid week for anything meaningful. Some lighter rains possible Monday. 

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Really?  Even after 15” this summer?

But I will say I’ve never seen anything like this September... when these mountains are under half an inch for the month, yikes.

191EFE91-0158-45D5-BCA0-56EEFBA8E2E1.jpeg.516f09df4b06391eb1db2f0a4b06e813.jpeg

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Really?  Even after 15” this summer?

But I will say I’ve never seen anything like this September... when these mountains are under half an inch for the month, yikes.

191EFE91-0158-45D5-BCA0-56EEFBA8E2E1.jpeg.516f09df4b06391eb1db2f0a4b06e813.jpeg

It's a shallow well so it needs groundwater. I have no frame of reference for how full the basin should look so maybe it will be fine. I am getting nervous however.

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

CO weekend seems to be peak near the lakes region anecdotally. I know up in the Whites it was becoming stick season at that time or close to it. Obviously some years it differed by a week or so. 

I thought it's daylight that makes more of an impact on when the leaves turn versus temps