• Member Statistics

    16,113
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
    Joined
moneypitmike

September 2020 Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

38 now. Temp was hung up for a while, but the damned breezes finally died off a little. We will see how long I can hang with the radiators.

You will fit in some how some way with NNE If we let a mid Atlantic transient in if you give us the right password “. ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dryslot said:

Oh that first time of the season when you turn on the heat and get that nice burnt dust smell from the baseboards, You truly know its coming then...

Burning the dust off the baseboard is like blowing the mice out of the snow guns at the ski areas. Just prepping for winter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burn

2020

...ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER POTENTIAL THIS WEEKEND...

The prolonged dry weather across southern New England has resulted
in very low live and dead fuel moisture. With low relative
humidity and gusty winds Saturday, any fires which escape initial
containment and become established, could potentially become
serious.

Winds are not expected to be as strong Sunday, but it will still
remain quite dry.

Consult your local fire warden if planning any outdoor burning
this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Burn

2020

...ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER POTENTIAL THIS WEEKEND...

The prolonged dry weather across southern New England has resulted
in very low live and dead fuel moisture. With low relative
humidity and gusty winds Saturday, any fires which escape initial
containment and become established, could potentially become
serious.

Winds are not expected to be as strong Sunday, but it will still
remain quite dry.

Consult your local fire warden if planning any outdoor burning
this weekend.

The good news is they managed to extinguish the Windham fire a couple months earlier than predicted.

A wildfire in a Connecticut state park has been contained after burning for a day.

A fire in the Potash Brook area of the Natchaug State Forest in Windham was extinguished in the evening on Thursday, Sept. 17.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kdxken said:

The good news is they managed to extinguish the Windham fire a couple months earlier than predicted.

A wildfire in a Connecticut state park has been contained after burning for a day.

A fire in the Potash Brook area of the Natchaug State Forest in Windham was extinguished in the evening on Thursday, Sept. 17.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New record low for CON with 28° or 29°. The previous was 30° in multiple previous years. 

Kept a bit of wind all night so only hit 35.9°...hard frost on the truck though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Nice. Good to see record lows in September since it’s been so dam warm. 

Agreed, nice to see a September cold night over-perform and to have a legit cool shot.  After this we can Indian Summer for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa...colder than I thought in a lot of rad spots last night. Tonight may be even colder with more ideal conditions as the high crests overhead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Stein contributed to this? There’s basically no sfc moisture in S NH right now. That sfc can just keep losing heat without dew quickly forming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sneaky 26° or 27° at EEN too. The radiators were pretty damn cold on night 1.

Wonder how much the dry surface plays into it.  No fog to stop the free-fall.  The dews just kept dropping too...even this morning there was still decent T/Td spread.

Normally you get like 32/30 you think it’s about maxed out, but then it just keeps going to 27/24.  I never see MVL dew drop 6 degrees after midnight on a rad night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I wonder if Stein contributed to this? There’s basically no sfc moisture in S NH right now. That sfc can just keep losing heat without dew quickly forming.

So basically desert like....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.