• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PerintonMan
    Newest Member
    PerintonMan

September 2020 Discussion

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

54°/31°  May turn on the heat for the first time tonight.

55/30 here, pretty similar.

Chilly out here walking the dog on the loop despite the sun.  Once these winds die down, these fields will turn into the surface of the moon the next 3 nights.

EE6B3C11-8C35-4804-A9D0-D5B6415A59DD.thumb.jpeg.8ac19fef830c04cfb7fb386ddf92b3a0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

58.3/34...was thinking that myself. Time to fry the dust off of the baseboard radiators.

Oh that first time of the season when you turn on the heat and get that nice burnt dust smell from the baseboards, You truly know its coming then...

• Like 3

Just now, PhineasC said:

They closed my pool in MD today. I think I used it once all summer.

If you had it up here in Randolph you could skate on it after the weekend.............:lol:

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

55/30 here, pretty similar.

Chilly out here walking the dog on the loop despite the sun.  Once these winds die down, these fields will turn into the surface of the moon the next 3 nights.

EE6B3C11-8C35-4804-A9D0-D5B6415A59DD.thumb.jpeg.8ac19fef830c04cfb7fb386ddf92b3a0.jpeg

DIT cried when he saw that grass

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If you had it up here in Randolph you could skate on it after the weekend.............:lol:

Seems like having a pool up here is a status symbol. Everyone there was shocked I had the pool removed. I would have needed to treat it like a giant hot tub for it to be useful. It makes no sense to me to have a pool in Randolph.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They closed my pool in MD today. I think I used it once all summer.

Do you plan to go back there this fall?  Any trips planned?

Im just trying to figure out when the first snow will come in NNE.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Ah fall. Woodstove is packed and ready to go.

Fires breaking out all over New England tonight.

49.5/42 here in Radiator City aka Southbury CT...definitely getting frost here in the next few days, hopefully not a killing freeze. Just got in from a walk with the kids, crystal clear skies and only a slight breeze. The air had that frosty feel to it. Trees are just beginning to turn as well...pumpkin spice season has begun!

30 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I'll be back there mid to late October. Could be a window for first snow flakes!

That sounds about a climo favorable time for first snows... like the old joke, we just need to wait for a poster to leave the area on a trip and it’s sure to snow.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just dropped 10F in an hour... 39F now.  It even smells cold outside, ha.

41 here.  I have tarps over many plants outside and brought a few in.  Hopefully we can get some things past the next couple of nights to enjoy some of the annuals a little longer.

1 minute ago, klw said:

41 here.  I have tarps over many plants outside and brought a few in.  Hopefully we can get some things past the next couple of nights to enjoy some of the annuals a little longer.

My wife pretty much gave it up, harvested everything and isn't covering up.  It does look like it'll stay warm for quite a while after this, so if plants can make it through the next 3 nights covered, they can still be enjoyed for a while later. 

At this rate we'll have frost by midnight.

Sept_18_9pm.jpg.bad619c26ac1b3f6920a434c8affe6bc.jpg

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My wife pretty much gave it up, harvested everything and isn't covering up.  It does look like it'll stay warm for quite a while after this, so if plants can make it through the next 3 nights covered, they can still be enjoyed for a while later. 

At this rate we'll have frost by midnight.

Sept_18_9pm.jpg.bad619c26ac1b3f6920a434c8affe6bc.jpg

Same here, Picked the rest of the garden, 5 gal pail of green tomatoes, Why fight it at this point, I have many more projects to get done so this is one less, It was a very good season.

• Like 1

We picked so much today. There's a planter of swiss chard covered up and some plants got brought inside. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick some basil in the community garden and it's likely to freeze there. 

34/30

Cold air aloft and high pressure obviously moving in here first on the NW side of New England.

Hollows in NEK like the coop GALV1 at 30F and ISPV1 at 31F already.