• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212

August Discobs 2020

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Downright pleasant outside all of a sudden with a light breeze. Still pretty muggy, but feels decent.

It was nice last night near 7 PM.  Had our new greyhound, Bronson, out for his evening walk. Sky cleared off as well. Nice little breeze. 

Hey, if you like pleasant the weather next Tuesday and Wednesday looks lovely.  I think it warrants a beach trip with an offshore wind and surf zone in the mid 70's. Hey, ice cream man , I like a coconut fruit bar please. ( North Wildwood has a rooming ice cream man whom strolls the beach with various yummy frozen novelties. )  :thumbsup:

Tons of rain last night over here on the lower half of the Va Peninsula.  Ponding water everywhere

What a jungle outside.  Reminds me of the month I spent in Borneo for work. All that's missing is the king cobras and monitor lizards.  Is this our future?   I'm afraid a lot of stick-built homes won't survive long in climates like this.  Need to go to cinderblock homes like Central and South America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IronTy said:

What a jungle outside.  Reminds me of the month I spent in Borneo for work. All that's missing is the king cobras and monitor lizards.  Is this our future?   I'm afraid a lot of stick-built homes won't survive long in climates like this.  Need to go to cinderblock homes like Central and South America. 

Pretty sure the house will make it lol. This ain’t the first time it’s ever been humid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Pretty sure the house will make it lol. This ain’t the first time it’s ever been humid.

Many areas down here have had 25-30+” of rain in 45 days (with several more inches on the way). The ground here is still completely saturated- I’m worried that’s going to start causing foundation issues for many (note: I’m not a structural engineer so maybe my concerns are overblown).

Had a brief heavy shower. Local PWS recorded 0 which is wrong. Another nearby had 0.1” which is probably right.

Very muggy out

Tomorrow looks like a pretty nice day with somewhat lower humidity and temps in the low to mid 80s, esp for northern/ eastern parts of the region. After whatever rain falls late tomorrow and Sunday, the early to midweek period looks- dare I say- spectacular, with normal to below normal temps, lower humidity, and plenty of sun. Mid to late next week there may be some scattered shower/t-storm chances, but overall no signs of heat and humidly with a PNA ridge and a late summer -NAO. Fall preview!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

1.17" so far.  Small storms keep tracking over Easton.

Yeah it was pouring when I left. Not a damn thing up here lol. I will have the sprinkler on shortly to give the seedlings a drink if nothing pops up.

52 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

12z GFS is yet another southern MD bull’s eye for Sunday. :(

NOT what I want to hear.  My Calvert family are nervously asking about this system.  My niece in your neighborhood put sand bags about 12" high all along the back of her townhouse as a temporary measure until they address the drainage problem.  Look at the insane difference in rain over the last 60 days between southern MD and my Germantown area!

image.png.da893e638bdd98179a94f6b8dd6c3969.png

• Like 1

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

NOT what I want to hear.  My Calvert family are nervously asking about this system.  My niece in your neighborhood put sand bags about 12" high all along the back of her townhouse as a temporary measure until they address the drainage problem.  Look at the insane difference in rain over the last 60 days between southern MD and my Germantown area!

image.png

Sounds like a case for a class action lawsuit in that subdivision for not rectifying the drainage issue. That is just ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Oh I had sent you another PM awhile back (not sure if you saw it).

8 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

I  was not expecting this much rain today.  It just keeps reforming.

You know this is from a newly formed TS? That low that was off the coast of NC is now Kyle.

40 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Finally getting a decent downpour here. First one all day.

Been having passing showers and breaks of sun  down here in the Va part of the Delmarva

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

You know this is from a newly formed TS? That low off the coast of NC is now Kyle.

Yeah, I just saw it was named.  Interesting setup looking at the regional radar and satellite loop. Up to 1.66" now.  

5 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Yeah, I just saw it was named.  Interesting setup looking at the regional radar and satellite loop. Up to 1.66" now.  

Yeah that spoke on the west side rotates inland right around my area and then really comes together as a larger area of lift as it moves sw. Probably interacting with the stalled front and maybe a localized boundary/bay breeze. You will probably end up with 2+.

Another 0.00" . Tomorrow looks mostly dry up here . Maybe late Saturday night or Sunday morning I get a shower chance but I'm thinking 30% . It be nice to get hit flush with a garden variety storm . It's been several weeks. 

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

9a3f20d5bbd96a6af0469894a86731c4.jpg
Storms keep trying and struggling. This one over Wheaton-Glenmont looks like it might have some luck.

Man, nice house!

On the obs front, I did a bike ride from home to Elder Pine brewery. Was supposed to be 30 miles, but one wrong turn at the 27 mile mark made it a 40 mile ride, with a torrential downpour. Good times.

Recovery beers are good though.

• Like 1

I see one last chance of rain from those showers approaching Baltimore on a trajectory to hit our area in a few. Let's see if they disappear as fast as our hopes of a 1" snowfall last winter!