Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Well--we're not going to Southborough after all.  We couldn't come to terms post-inspection. 

Our new destination is Westboroug, just signed p/s today.  Right at the top of Mt. Westborough--translate, my snow situation will suck.  At least I'm north of the Pike and outside of 495 for whatever that's worth.

Arturo's! Lobster Ravoli

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I thought you were looking at Princeton?

Princeton was on the list--but not surprisingly, my wife and daughter won out.   It is a better spot with my daughter being at school in Marion.  I told my wife to go ahead--my eyes are focused on getting up to Pit2 full-time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Eps has heat ripping back Thursday and Friday in SNE. NNE milder . Though you wonder if it’s more of 70-75 dew couple days with 80’s with front hung up over NH

Even Wednesday is questionable how much milding 

And of course little to no rain in SNE while NH north sees feet 

Looked good for rain here. I like the boundary near Dendrite's chix.

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like we retorch early Torchtember as trough sets up Midwest. Doesn't seem like big heat, but probably warm and humid. 

Meh.  It's ovah.

If I can manage to get my daughters cat into a carrier, I'll be heading up to Pit 2 (we'll be there for a couple weeks between closings).  COC 76, 76 there this weekend.

10 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It's been beautiful the last several days.

Monday: 79/56

Tuesday: 73/53

Wednesday: 67/50

Thursday: 68/49

Today: 75/51

I am definitely not a king radiator, however. LOL

I do get some nice breezes and lower high temps here than the lower radiator spots.

I am hoping my spot nestled north of the Presidentials will lead to lots of upslope snow. I have already noticed this summer my location seems to always be near the lead in precip in the general area.

I have driven by your area many times. Upslope drops off significantly from Twin to Jefferson, but it does pick up again in your area and seems pretty similar to mine. Which usually translates into enough to get sick of it. :) 

Heading back tonight from Bermuda. Looks like I missed our first 30s of the season (Diane proudly informed me the thermometer hit 39. I wanted to cry lol)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I am hoping my spot nestled north of the Presidentials will lead to lots of upslope snow. I have already noticed this summer my location seems to always be near the lead in precip in the general area.

No where south of the elevated great North woods that is inhabitable ? Sees a lot of advisory level upslope events a year that I am aware of . 

I would imagine maybe condos at 2 K at Breton Woods but my guess is you see a number of 1-2” events and tons of days with flakes in air . Alex would know best thou regarding amounts 

i would guess 88-90% of your accumulations in a 125”  season are from synoptic events 

We have a wall unit but if I had window A/C units up here I would've pulled them out this past week to just allow the windows to be open and free.  No way am I leaving my windows all jammed up with A/Cs for the threat of needing them on a random day or two when the majority of the time you can just let the breeze in.  They look horrible too, not worth it for a random day or two in the NNE climo now.