Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

6 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Let them free range into some shaded woods, that's what I used to do with mine

We did that a lot in previous years, but we’ve had a lot of hawks, foxes, and a fisher around. 
And no...no business. Just a weird hobby. :weenie:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like widespread low 90’s today w a spot 94 or so near the Taunton Swamp 

Tuesday should max out higher than today 

Although this afternoon clear out may rocket temperatures some but largely agree.  Tomorrow with clear skies we have tons of fun!  Bringing my car for service at 1PM.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Although this afternoon clear out may rocket temperatures some but largely agree.  Tomorrow with clear skies we have tons of fun!  Bringing my car for service at 1PM.

Ya 850’s tomorrow are significantly higher and with wind direction , could be highest Of summer .

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

The euro actually sped it up finally to match american guidance.

Hoping so... I'm hoping we get some boomers circa 3 pm Tuesday to exhaust the heat because it is almost impossible to run five miles and/or bike 25 when it's anything over 88/70 ...Even cycling, no ventilation is sufficient at that threshold.  Tomorrow is slam dunk day off - no work out..But, fine - I am at six days so a day off is okay.  Timed rather nicely... !

NAM seems sluggish on this 12z though - not that the NAM has much use beyond 30 hours..   But, has that 31 C at T1 still at Logan 00z Wednesday, and with no hourly antecedent QPF in the bucket and zippo (if not subtle rising) pressure change between 18z and that mid evening hour late Tuesday ...these do not exactly hearken to a front cleaning house with any eagerness.

12 hours ago, weathafella said:

Heart of summer.  Big heat with mild downs.  Let’s hope Hadley relents for winter.

Highly unlikely for the obvious dual nature of circumstances:  (geophysical reasons + time)/ 2 = butt f*ed for anyone alive ...

If the most powerful biological agency for enforcing environmental/systemic change since the emergence of Cynobacterum were to cease said forcing immediately, the environment takes 50 years to rejoin the pre Industrial dynamic ... 

If said agnecy cuts its industrial "Terra-forming" efforts in half it takes 500 years ...

If said agency does nothing, all the model's that said agency creates that predict the stupidity of said agency - instead of just stopping stupidity, they create a billion dollar observation-scientific network ( amazing ) to monitor how stupid they are going "wow' in awe - continue to be right about the impacts, just too slow in their realizations.  In other words, speeding toward the cliff is the startlingly apropos metaphor -

Of those three, which is more realistically the destiny of the planet, its inhabitants, to wit includes said agency - holy shit!  We need this place...    

I think the logic is pretty clear ... there needs to be something done about all these conspiring, undocumented migrant foreigners stealing all the plebeian jobs, huh ... what idiots...

Kidding aside, ... it's just my opinion but it 'seems' to me the best way to overcome the plaguing velocity saturation at mid latitudes, is to have the N-stream become so overpoweringly dominant ...such Feb, 2015, that it sort of "moats" the maelstrom off and leaves a circumvallate enclosed region where you fluff bomb to cold glory over dynamic stem-winders that are moisture starved... That's why we stacked up 120 to 140" of snow in four weeks and lived to tell about it... If we'd done that with 10::1 snow we'd still have not recovered despite the 101 heat tomorrow ... That whole freak show was the most enabling piece of work since a rich kid died of a drug overdose... my god.  "Yeah, we totally can get this happen'    That's really what happened - but I digress.. 

I mean I don't think we under in snow vs climate??? I think Will definitely knows that answer to that... But, there is also an unmistakable tendency to leave a lot of points on the table, due to shearing and storm speed/residence.  8 to 10" in blue tinted dawns and it's sunny around 3:30 pm just before sunset has been happening a lot in recent winters...  It's changed the nature in which the patterns modulate and entities within that general circulation, therein, also morphology, but I'm not sure it's really showing up in the 'snow-in-bucket' numbers. 

Interestingly ..one aspect the models of climate change predicted in the 1990s was more so the loss of static stability in climate - well... having 2012 and 2015 in the same five year span is pretty glaring positive test result for extremes, yeah...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

93/61 and power just went out.  Think we may have a tree down outside the neighborhood that caused it.

Fantastic ...  cuz you won't need the A.C. d'day so your neighbors negligence with their hang-over timbre is worthy of a plate of brownies if you could get your oven to work - ...course, you could just bake 'em on the kitchen counter now, huh

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Interestingly ..one aspect the models of climate change predicted in the 1990s was more so the loss of static stability in climate - well... having 2012 and 2015 in the same five year span is pretty glaring positive test result for extremes, yeah...

Having February and December 2015 in the same year might be even stronger evidence.

• Like 1