• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

I mentioned it yesterday, but I'd like to see a large area of 20-22C or better at 850 for triple Ds. Getting it in near late aftn during peak heating is sort of bootleg since daytime heating helps. You'd want it already here in the morning. 19.4C at ALB this morning. Meh. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I mentioned it yesterday, but I'd like to see a large area of 20-22C or better at 850 for triple Ds. Getting it in near late aftn during peak heating is sort of bootleg since daytime heating helps. You'd want it already here in the morning. 19.4C at ALB this morning. Meh. 

Tough to have to depend on compressional heating from the downslope but maybe.....

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dews were progged by the HRRR to drop into the low 50’s. Instead they’re in upper 60’s and low 70’s? Lol. That model is horrific in so many facets 

Looks like most sites are mid-60s, yeah.  There’s usually a tick up in dews late morning but you’ll have to see what the official sites do from 2-5pm.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

We swear at it PF swears by it..............:lol:

It’s the NAM run hourly, what do you think is gonna happen?  Lol.  It was weird how good it was locally here in some snow events last year but if you run hourly it’s gotta get something right once in a while ha.

Just now, powderfreak said:

It’s the NAM run hourly, what do you think is gonna happen?  Lol.  It was weird how good it was locally here in some snow events last year but if you run hourly it’s gotta get something right once in a while ha.

I started looking at it it more the last 6 mos or so but only at the normal intervals, 0z, 6z, 12z and 18z, And it was still rather iffy here, The other hours were really unstable, and unusable.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It does ok on snowfall but it is awful with temps dews and storms . At least this summer 

Ha that’s funny because I thought they developed that as a convective warm season tool.

I do think we’ve seen several times this summer by most models, this over drying/heating of the boundary layer.  It just ends up more humid but also not quite as hot as the machine numbers.  

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha that’s funny because I thought they developed that as a convective warm season tool.

I do think we’ve seen several times this summer by most models, this over drying/heating of the boundary layer.  It just ends up more humid but also not quite as hot as the machine numbers.  

I mean posting Dp at 11 when the model had mid 60s and saying it forecast 50s, cept it didn't until 4pm. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let us know what Moose dew is at 4:00 pm please 

I definitely will check the SNE area that the HRRR predicts. We already know your mulch pile will be much higher +5  than any ASOS. One thing I won't do is to compare 4 pm maps to 11 AM obs

Screenshot_20200727-120903_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I definitely will check the SNE area that the HRRR predicts. We already know your mulch pile will be much higher +5  than any ASOS. One thing I won't do is to compare 4 pm maps to 11 AM obs

Screenshot_20200727-120903_Chrome.jpg

Didn’t know you were charting each HRRR run hour by hour. That’s tedious stuff. Let us know once you’ve plotted the charts at 4:00

5 hours ago, bluewave said:

A top 5 warmest summer so far at many stations across the region. Numerous temperature departures  in the +3 to +4 range since June 1st. Just shows how cooler patterns like April and May don’t have lasting power anymore.

34C8D92B-A6F5-4C9C-BDCF-C696CD44118F.thumb.jpeg.6f7b3de700bf9ac3f41b4c0e0ef27817.jpeg
AEECD5E7-D46D-49EE-901C-0E42DAAE634A.thumb.jpeg.a9d8975f76a9d6ceb7417a10072384ea.jpeg

Other than Logan (LOL) a top 5 hot summer for just everyone and we’ve got another full month to go up. Wow 

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

TAN gonna make a run for 100F.  97F. 

12:15 96.8 66.2 75.0 37 9.2   W 29.71   29.76 Clear 10.00

Probably 96F as of now, but they'll be close. There's a hot pocket there with 95F at PYM and GHG too.

Very meh elsewhere. BOS 91F and BDL 93/64 is so weak.