Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s fine. They torch there in the well mixed desert. You can’t accept the temps higher than everyone, but toss the dews lower than everyone. I’d be curious to see what the grass looks like around the ASOS right now.

Lowest dews in the CRV this afternoon...

BDL 61

HFD 63

CEF 63

BAF 64

It’s in the valley ballpark. 

They are def off. I always add on 2-3 degrees there dews.

At any rate.. looking forward to Steve’s 4:00 PM plot maps of obs vs HRRR depiction

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They are def off. I always add on 2-3 degrees there dews.

At any rate.. looking forward to Steve’s 4:00 PM plot maps of obs vs HRRR depiction

That explains a lot.  Do you take the temps down a couple degrees too?

I’m with Dendrite... laws of thermodynamics in a valley torch spot would support extra drying where there’s extra heat on mixed sunny afternoons.  

Probably all brown dead grass around it too.  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That explains a lot.  Do you take the temps down a couple degrees too?

I’m with Dendrite... laws of thermodynamics in a valley torch spot would support extra drying where there’s extra heat on mixed sunny afternoons.  

Probably all brown dead grass around it too.  

Well everyone’s lawn is like that this summer. Unless there’s irrigation , your lawn is burnt to a crisp 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well everyone’s lawn is like that this summer. Unless there’s irrigation , your lawn is burnt to a crisp 

Ha sure, but having the hottest temps at BDL but lower dews is exactly what science says should happen.  

97/61 at BDL

95/63 at CEF

You either get the extra couple degrees at the cost of lower dews, or you keep the dew higher but the temp stays down a tick.  

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha sure, but having the hottest temps at BDL but lower dews is exactly what science says should happen.  

97/61 at BDL

95/63 at CEF

You either get the extra couple degrees at the cost of lower dews, or you keep the dew higher but the temp stays down a tick.  

2 lower at BDL. That’s precisely my point. Their sensor is 2 off . No matter where you look or the day 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

2 lower at BDL. That’s precisely my point. Their sensor is 2 off . No matter where you look or the day 

That’s what you took away from that post?  

Their temperature sensor looks off by a couple degrees too in that case.  

I thought you were at least passable with the science side of it.  You understand mixing and compressional heating/drying in a valley right?  To squeeze out those extra couple degrees you dry out the boundary layer a bit more.  

For example, now they are 94/64 and the same as CEF.  In order to get to 97-98F at BDL, it had to dry the boundary just a bit more than CEF, which had a lower max temp.