• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

July Discobs 2020

Tomorrow looks like a bit of a convergence zone setting up south of i70 towards DC and south looking at 3k nam at surface winds . Good surface Cape and very moist Pwats in these same areas . Very sharp cutoff towards the M/D line though with dry west flow . Mby looks unlikely to see anything:sun:

47 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Tomorrow looks like a bit of a convergence zone setting up south of i70 towards DC and south looking at 3k nam at surface winds . Good surface Cape and very moist Pwats in these same areas . Very sharp cutoff towards the M/D line though with dry west flow . Mby looks unlikely to see anything:sun:

Melnor DuraTek 4000-sq ft Oscillating Sled Lawn Sprinkler

:raining:

• Haha 5

Wow nice rainbow pic!  That shower disintegrated a it passed by to the north, but it temporarily sucked some heat out of the air making for a nice cookout earlier.  It's HOT again and I am sweating bullets after only watering the garden beds.  

Hoping for a lucky t-storm tomorrow.  A sultry 88 degrees coming up on 9 PM.

Looking into August, 90+ the rest of the way. At this point, is DC's average July temperature really 87-89?

I find it hard to believe. I think the argument can be made the "heat streak" we had this month is honestly average dc July weather at this point with highs in the low 90s with lows in the low to mid 70s. Could have destroyed the streak with 30+ 90 straight days.

Put another way, sure seems "easier" for DC to go above climo in the low to mid/upper 90s than to go similar departure below climo for a streak of low to mid 80s in July. Imagine a streak in July of 20-30 days <90? Doesn't seem possible.

1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

Put another way, sure seems "easier" for DC to go above climo in the low to mid/upper 90s than to go similar departure below climo for a streak of low to mid 80s in July. Imagine a streak in July of 20-30 days <90? Doesn't seem possible.

climo is already pretty warm compared to historical values. we'll get new normals once this year is done... I think they start to trickle out in spring or so been a while. I am curious if DC will get 90s for a portion of days. I could see it not. 

Pretty interesting night for temps. Just after 2am I hit a low of 75. We then had some westerly winds kick in an this raised temperatures to 84 degrees at about 4:30 am. The winds have calmed and Temps are falling again as I am sitting at 80. Pretty wild. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow nice rainbow pic!  That shower disintegrated a it passed by to the north, but it temporarily sucked some heat out of the air making for a nice cookout earlier.  It's HOT again and I am sweating bullets after only watering the garden beds.  

Hoping for a lucky t-storm tomorrow.  A sultry 88 degrees coming up on 9 PM.

Knocked power out for some. Knocked out our internet till well into the night. While the temp dropped 10 deg, humidity did not drop and it felt like a sauna the rest of the evening. But I don’t have to water my plants today. 

95 saturday, 96 yesterday.