• Member Statistics

    16,098
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    shawanta003
    Newest Member
    shawanta003
    Joined
George BM

July Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

BWI swings  4 degrees up and then 4 degrees down in 40 minutes over a very light southeast breeze versus variable. That is an artificial inducement of the value snd needs to be corrected 

 

 

I see a pretty steady climb to 99-100, then a drop off in temps beginning at 1:50 pm, which which seems to coincide with outflow from nearby cells that popped up.

Is this a consistent problem that you have noted? If not,  what is there to correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Highest temp achieved driving home from OC was 101 in Catonsville.  

Imby 

Currently 94/74

You must be ready for a DIPA, if not a 120, after that drive back. B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High temp so far has been 98.6°. Combined with DP of 80 I got a HI of 116° according to the VP2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

What are your thoughts about the Vantage Vue? Is it easy to set up and reasonably accurate with temperatures?

If left in full sun, the temps will be way high. Such is its small rad shield.  I'm lucky to have good siting for mine most of the year, but makes it kinda useless for wind speed. DP is good,  and console is nice too.  Have been using it since they were invented, maybe over 10 years? 

All that said, we really like it anyway.  (Could say more but derailing the thread bad enough already) 

Sun is back out here and DP is 82 (way humid...my glasses fogged)

Temp 82f.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, H2O said:

High temp so far has been 98.6°. Combined with DP of 80 I got a HI of 116° according to the VP2

Nice!!

Instant sweatage in your yard then just going out to the mailbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice!!

Instant sweatage in your yard then just going out to the mailbox.

I was stupid enough to go lay out and work in my tan with one of my kids(daily ritual for her) and I was sizzling. 
 

You know what happens when they make pork rinds?  That was me. Bacon was frying 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

84/71 currently. Lake temperature is ideal for a swim too. 

One day I will move to the highlands. Hopefully soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile BWI was 92 last ob.. not odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

3 pm- 

95/78/112

 I think that's probably the max for today.

I guess not-

Just hit 96 here. DP still 78. That's a 113 HI.

Feels good walking outside into the sauna- for about a minute. As long as you aren't in the sun, and don't move, its actually fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ian said:

meanwhile BWI was 92 last ob.. not odd. 

Not at all, when you look at the radar and see the outflow boundary that moved through from the cells that formed along the bay just to the east and SE.

But dw, Tenman will make the call and have that sensor replaced, asap.

  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CAPE said:

Not at all, when you look at the radar and see the outflow boundary that moved through from the cells that formed along the bay just to the east and SE.

But dw, Tenman will make the call and have that sensor replaced, asap.

ahh yes good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I guess not-

Just hit 96 here. DP still 78. That's a 113 HI.

Feels good walking outside into the sauna- for about a minute. As long as you aren't in the sun, and don't move, its actually fine.

I've kinda gotten used to this heat. Heat indexes of 110 no longer feel that hot anymore. I guess it's due to our climate becoming like Florida since 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, H2O said:

I was stupid enough to go lay out and work in my tan with one of my kids(daily ritual for her) and I was sizzling. 
 

You know what happens when they make pork rinds?  That was me. Bacon was frying 

Tomorrow we cook eggs and bacon on the sidewalk at 10 AM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JakkelWx said:

I've kinda gotten used to this heat. Heat indexes of 110 no longer feel that hot anymore. I guess it's due to our climate becoming like Florida since 2016

Probably. It doesn't "shock" me at all walking out into it, thats for sure.

Go mow the lawn or something and its a different story lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

99 @ DCA on the 5 min obs.

5 in a row now with dropping dews. gotta at least be 99. impressive for a late day surge after clouds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ian said:

5 in a row now with dropping dews. gotta at least be 99. impressive for a late day surge after clouds. 

with a W wind off of Crystal City...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.