• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2020

George BM

Looks like a special combo of very light winds off the bay and corn sweat is contributing to dews in the low 80s in MD's eastern shore next to the Bay. Temps in the low 90s already there too. Heat indexes skyrocketing to 110.

Dews should mix out some to make it 0.001% more bearable this afternoon. 

already some nice bubblies on this boundary nearby. one is rather fat just to my outheast. much "cleaner" sky just north. meanwhile way too many clouds locally for 100 today overall, altho bwi was off to the races so who knows. 

KLWX202007191543.thumb.png.d0f9c5e4889cdd3d14ce92d3256cbdd8.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Looks like a special combo of very light winds off the bay and corn sweat is contributing to dews in the low 80s in MD's eastern shore next to the Bay. Temps in the low 90s already there too. Heat indexes skyrocketing to 110.

Dews should mix out some to make it 0.001% more bearable this afternoon. 

Transpiration is  definitely a thing here. In the middle of the woods, with acres of corn all around.

Denton MD has a stronger UHI than Goldsboro. They're about 10 feet lower in elevation than here, it's next to a river, and it's a decent sized town. I'm getting jealous. Looks like 95/80 there. Meanwhile 94/78 here.

Edit: 95/81 at KNUI (St. Inigoes) now. Heat index 117.

Just now, JakkelWx said:

BWI 100!

19 Jul 1:00 pm  100  67  33  S  8    10.00    FEW065,SCT120  29.78    29.93

Unofficial temp in the shade in Reisterstown is 97°. We don't have as many clouds as down towards DC and there's a bit of a breeze trying to burp up. It sucks outside, but it isn't the end of the world ATM.

• Weenie 1

BWI 99 at 1pm looking way sketchy especially with other stations holding in low 90s and some steady for last 2/3 hours.  Huge drop in dew On se wind suspect also.  If your station is so dramatically effected by a weak breeze shift then find out why and fix it. Useless models past 5 days and airports that can’t get it right is dismaying in year 2020 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

DP was lower overnight too.  Interesting.

hmm yeah. I dunno. On a north wind it might make more sense but it is an outlier on dew more than temp. I don't know the local topo enough tbh. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic